All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ideal starting stats?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:00 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Favorite Team: Astros
Console '07: Don't Own
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
In my quest for getting good sense, I have seen a variety of starting stats. Is there a target goal that people try to get on their stats when you get good sense, or is it a case where if you get good sense, that is good enough and you just go for it with that character?

Post subject: Re: ideal starting stats?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:13 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

by the way, I am trying for a shortstop, not a pitcher. I have seen some stats posted for pitchers, I just can't seem to find anywhere that shows what starting stats people deem acceptable for other positions.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:01 pm 
Prospect
Prospect

Favorite Team: Red Sox
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
if you happen to get Poor Sense, his starting stats are going to be higher than a normal player, with a player with Good sense I find it that their stats are slightly lower than normal

my past success mode player got good sense after frank started rooting for me in the minors, to increase his stamina it went from 4 points to 2 points

for good sense you would probably get mostly G's and F's, maybe an E

for poor sense you'd get mostly F's, maybe a couple of E's and sometimes a D

it depends on how many points you want to lose, with poor sense you'd lose more points than having good sense, but with good sense you'd save a lot of points leading to higher stats

in 2007, when I got Good sense I usually got all A's and a B as final stats, but with Poor I got a couple A's, the rest B's and C's

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:31 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

BBiship2 wrote:
if you happen to get Poor Sense, his starting stats are going to be higher than a normal player, with a player with Good sense I find it that their stats are slightly lower than normal

my past success mode player got good sense after frank started rooting for me in the minors, to increase his stamina it went from 4 points to 2 points

for good sense you would probably get mostly G's and F's, maybe an E

for poor sense you'd get mostly F's, maybe a couple of E's and sometimes a D

it depends on how many points you want to lose, with poor sense you'd lose more points than having good sense, but with good sense you'd save a lot of points leading to higher stats

in 2007, when I got Good sense I usually got all A's and a B as final stats, but with Poor I got a couple A's, the rest B's and C's

So it sounds like with good sense, it doesn't really matter about the other starting stats. Out of curiosity, I've noticed that most here just care about the letter grades of the starting stats and there doesn't seem to be much talk about the numbers. Is it fair to say that it doesn't really matter about starting with 3 over 2 on fielding or 39 over 34 on power since the difference is negligible? I've been restarting alot to see if I could get good sense and at least 35 power and 3 or 4's on other stats, but it doesn't seem to be happening. Is it not really worth it and if I get good sense, I probably should just go with it then?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:16 pm 
Prospect
Prospect

Favorite Team: Red Sox
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
if you see someone with good sense then only go on only if you feel like it's the best choice

for example: while making a new Josh Hamilton, I started with good sense, but after a few months the power only got up to the upper 60's from starting in the lower 30's, so I restarted and the new roll got me a Poor Sense Hamilton with power in the higher 70's

but yes, the difference is pretty negligible if you get good sense