MLB Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for MLB Power Pros
It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Dr goodjob
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:17 am 
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:21 pm
Posts: 1223
Location: Australia
Favorite Team: Orioles
Console '07: Sony PS2
Console '08: Sony PS2
What is the most reported times someone has gotten this. I have done it twice for some difficult pitchers I have created (with high control) as with other means you get other unwanted abilities. I'm wondering if someone has gotten Dr goodjob more times, or should I just get a gameshark to do the difficult players; these players are Koji Uehara (impeccable control 2> BB/9) and Sergio Romo to name a few. I'm currently trying to redoo Koji.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dr goodjob
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:41 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:17 pm
Posts: 1424
Location: Kentucky
Favorite Team: Reds
Console '07: Sony PS2
Console '08: Wii and PS2
Somehow, I've pulled it off 5 or 6 times.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dr goodjob
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:50 am 
Community Manager
Community Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:01 pm
Posts: 9557
Location: Michigan
Favorite Team: Tigers
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
I still say that Goodjob is random.

_________________
My YouTube

"Another year older, another year better at Power Pros!" -Me
"Best way to get laid: Tell her you're the community manager of a baseball video game forum." -SkittleMonster
"The Chronicles of Dish's Love Life. I'd read it." -BrewersFuzz
"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the *(censored)* they ended up." -Dan Besbris

Twitter: @robtoml_statman


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dr goodjob
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:00 am 
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:21 pm
Posts: 1223
Location: Australia
Favorite Team: Orioles
Console '07: Sony PS2
Console '08: Sony PS2
I know it's random... Though if you save load at particular points in the game with patience eventually it comes..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dr goodjob
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:00 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:54 pm
Posts: 3438
Favorite Team: Red Sox
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
If you save/load any time he'll eventually come.

I once met him by going to the park, not sure if that increases the chances or not.

_________________
http://www.youtube.com/user/Deathjohnson

Quote:
Hello
Though I am not a coach, I can coach, please trust me!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dr goodjob
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:46 am 
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:29 pm
Posts: 1127
Favorite Team: Mariners
Console '07: Sony PS2
Console '08: Sony PS2
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
robhallett wrote:
What is the most reported times someone has gotten this. I have done it twice for some difficult pitchers I have created (with high control) as with other means you get other unwanted abilities. I'm wondering if someone has gotten Dr goodjob more times, or should I just get a gameshark to do the difficult players; these players are Koji Uehara (impeccable control 2> BB/9) and Sergio Romo to name a few. I'm currently trying to redoo Koji.


A Gameshark disk can probably be yours for a couple of bucks. I found mine in a discount bin - check your local Gamestop or whatever you have in your area first, but I'm sure there are some available online. Needless to say, it would save you an insane amount of time.

_________________
Not been scouted much.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dr goodjob
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:31 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:50 am
Posts: 10504
Location: Hots'Ville, Mars
Favorite Team: Brewers
Console '07: Don't Own
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
Yeah, I've gotten him 3 times already, and I only have 6 or 7 total success players.

_________________
Paul McCartney15 wrote:
You should have been banned from this forum over 5,000 posts ago tbh

Inaugural Member of the 10,000 Post Cult


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dr goodjob
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:55 am 
Batboy
Batboy
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 2:54 am
Posts: 192
Location: Heritage Patriots Closer
Favorite Team: Angels
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
You know whats funny? (or scary), I was playing the 2007 success mode and I got him and I was like, no, I don't wanna risk it. After I completed that player I decided to play 2008, and I swear to god, as soon as he showed up on my screen, I freaked out 0_0, he must have followed me, or he doesn't take no for an answer, lol, so I said yes this time, and it actually payed off for once. Oh yeah, hello after what was it, a year and a half of absence? I forget these days, I've been part of way to many forums, lol :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dr goodjob
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:26 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:45 pm
Posts: 7534
Location: In front of the TV playing Power Pros
Favorite Team: Astros
Console '07: Sony PS2
Console '08: Sony PS2
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
Welcome back Doug!

I've gotten Goodjob 4 times with around 40 success players made in '08. Only once was he successful.

In '07, I've gotten him 9 times out of around 85 players made, 5 successes.

_________________
Join the development of NCAA Power Pros 2011!

I like pacman>>> :hayguyz: • • • • • • • • • • • •


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dr goodjob
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:49 pm 
Rookie
Rookie
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:41 pm
Posts: 35
Favorite Team: Dodgers
Console '07: Sony PS2
Console '08: Sony PS2
Rob,

Not sure if you bought a Gameshark or not, so I'm just going to tell you something that happened to me two days ago when I was about to finish my "ultimate player".

In Year 2, when the calendar changed from the 4th week of August to the 1st week of September Dr. Goodjob appeared out of nowhere (at first I was annoyed because I thought it was a Terry event). Since I had just saved the game I agreed to the "Become Stronger" operation and to my surprise it was successful. Unfortunately, instead of saving I selected "Exit" and said "Yes" when asked if I was sure. After loading the game, I got very upset when I realized what I had done (to my defense, it was very late, I was tired and I usually select "Exit" and "Yes" when creating an "ultimate player" because things most of the times don't go the way I want them to).

Anyway, I went online and found in the GameFAQ forums a post of someone claiming to have gotten Dr. Goodjob 4 out of 15 times on that exact same date. So I decided to keep exiting and reloading to see if it was true or not. I eventually got Dr. Goodjob again, but it took around 30 tries (maybe more) to get him a second time (I didn't count and was technically brain dead when he appeared again). I agreed to the "Become Stronger" option again and to my delight it was successful again, and this time I made sure to select "Save & Exit" instead of just "Exit".

So, is it a sure thing that Dr. Goodjob appears often when the calendar changes from the 4th week of August to the 1st week of September? Who knows, but I got him twice after messing up badly the first time, and it only took between 20 and 30 minutes so I guess it's worth a shot. Just remember, don't try this at home if you are tired and bored.

ImageCheers!!!Image

_________________
"What the $#@& am I supposed to do, go out there and let my $#@& players get destroyed every day and be quiet about it? For the $#@& nickel-dime people who turn up? The $#@& don't even work. That's why they're out at the $#@& game. They oughta go out and get a $#@& job and find out what it's like to go out and earn a $#@& living. 85 percent of the $#@& world is working. The other 15 percent come out here. A $#@& playground for the $#@&. Rip them $#@&. Rip them $#@& $#@& like the $#@& players."

Cubs Mngr Lee Elia, April 29, 1983


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dr goodjob
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:17 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 04, 2012 2:29 pm
Posts: 4454
Location: Mount Jimi Krak Korn
Favorite Team: Red Sox
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2011
Was this with gameshark? And is it possible on Wii?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dr goodjob
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:06 pm 
Rookie
Rookie
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:41 pm
Posts: 35
Favorite Team: Dodgers
Console '07: Sony PS2
Console '08: Sony PS2
I don't have a Gameshark. Dr. Goodjob appeared on the same day a second time because I reloaded the game on that same spot 30+ times (that’s why it took 20 or 30 minutes for him to reappear). The fact that the second procedure was also successful was just luck.

About your Wii question... Since the password system is different on both consoles, it is difficult to say if Dr. Goodjob has a high probability of appearing on the Wii on that same date. In fact, I don’t know if I got him for a second time on the PS2 because the chances of getting the event on that date are higher than normal or because of plain dumb luck.

You don’t have nothing to lose (besides time) if you want to try it on your console. Just be aware that getting him on that date after 10 tries won’t prove anything. The only way of proving the claim from the guy at the GameFAQs forum is to quit and reload 100 times (just to say a number) and document the number of times that Dr. Goodjob appeared (along with the successful and unsuccessful procedures).

Hope this helps.

_________________
"What the $#@& am I supposed to do, go out there and let my $#@& players get destroyed every day and be quiet about it? For the $#@& nickel-dime people who turn up? The $#@& don't even work. That's why they're out at the $#@& game. They oughta go out and get a $#@& job and find out what it's like to go out and earn a $#@& living. 85 percent of the $#@& world is working. The other 15 percent come out here. A $#@& playground for the $#@&. Rip them $#@&. Rip them $#@& $#@& like the $#@& players."

Cubs Mngr Lee Elia, April 29, 1983


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dr goodjob
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:14 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:50 am
Posts: 10504
Location: Hots'Ville, Mars
Favorite Team: Brewers
Console '07: Don't Own
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
You can S/L about 3 times in 1 minute. So 20 minutes could probably get you nearly 60 chances at a procedure.

_________________
Paul McCartney15 wrote:
You should have been banned from this forum over 5,000 posts ago tbh

Inaugural Member of the 10,000 Post Cult


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dr goodjob
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:24 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 04, 2012 2:29 pm
Posts: 4454
Location: Mount Jimi Krak Korn
Favorite Team: Red Sox
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2011
I tried S/Ling about 10 times and got Joey like 7 times. No Goodjob. However, as it was shifting from Semtember week 1 to Semptember Week 2, Goodjob appeared, I had a successful operation, and proceeded to whip Sittch in Week 2. It must not be because of higher chance. My next experiment: S/L April Week 3 Year 1. One of my best guys got Goodjob that week and became one of my best. So I'll try it again.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dr goodjob
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:59 pm 
Rookie
Rookie
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:41 pm
Posts: 35
Favorite Team: Dodgers
Console '07: Sony PS2
Console '08: Sony PS2
Well, I guess the number of random events remaining also factor into the equation. I quit and load hundreds of times whenever I create an "ultimate player" and only save and load when everything goes the way I want. One of the requirements for me to actually save and load is for a random event to trigger at the end of the week. By doing this, I am practically done with most (if not all) of them by the end of June of year 2.

The only ones that never triggered in my latest "ultimate player" were the "Injured Terry" and "Training with Terry" events (that's why I thought that a Terry event had triggered the first time I got a visit from Dr. Goodjob).

_________________
"What the $#@& am I supposed to do, go out there and let my $#@& players get destroyed every day and be quiet about it? For the $#@& nickel-dime people who turn up? The $#@& don't even work. That's why they're out at the $#@& game. They oughta go out and get a $#@& job and find out what it's like to go out and earn a $#@& living. 85 percent of the $#@& world is working. The other 15 percent come out here. A $#@& playground for the $#@&. Rip them $#@&. Rip them $#@& $#@& like the $#@& players."

Cubs Mngr Lee Elia, April 29, 1983


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group