Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

What should I do when and if I make it to the world series?
Videos of the games 21%  21%  [ 6 ]
Videos with commentary 24%  24%  [ 7 ]
Video Highlights 21%  21%  [ 6 ]
Video Highlights with Commentary 24%  24%  [ 7 ]
Regular Update 10%  10%  [ 3 ]
Updates every ____ (specify how often (Inning,out,half inning, etc) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 29
 Post subject: Re: The Portland PowerPros (Season log)
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:04 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Red Sox
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Wii and DS
So that means you've started right? What's your record then and have you decided whether to do video highlights, commentary etc

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:31 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Console '08: Nintendo Wii
After sweeping the Blue Jays we headed to the Suburban Ballpark (Home Stadium) to play the Red Sox again in a three game series.

Game 1:
Powerpro's starter Stynes got tired after only 56 pitches, lasting 5 innings giving up 4 runs, 1 earned (Ortiz Home Run), he struck out 5. His reliever Finegan pitched 4 innings allowing 2 runs.
Their offense scratched out a run in the sixth, on a couple bloop hits and groundouts advancing a runner and an unearned one in the 8th following a two out error. They actually earned a run in the ninth, with a single off the right field wall.
Beckett allowed 3 runs in the complete game win, walking nobody but allowing 10 hits, moving his record up to 2-2
Random Game Trivia: Beckett's ERA was 6.66 at one time in this game.
When interviewed, the Powerpros manager simply shrugged and said "You can't win 'em all."

Stynes Sent Down, Dawley Called Up

Stynes has been the worst pitcher on the team so far, and he pitched #2 in the rotation, the GM decided it was time for a change so he sent down Stynes and his 6.00 ERA and called up Dawley hoping he'll be able to do better.

They're both generic characters, here are their basic stats:
Stynes: Age 22, CTR: D, Stam: C, Top Speed: 92, lvl 2 CB, lvl 1 CUT, lvl 2 SLD
Dawley: Age 21, CTR:E, Stam: C, Top Speed: 93, lvl 2 FORK, lvl 3 CB, lvl 1 SLD

To Jacobye, what do you mean by "You've started", if you mean the world series that's probably a while away as I've just stated. My record as of now is 14-2.

As for the World Series Plans: The camera I used to use broke so chances of the full games are quite slim. The new one doesn't record TV as well and it doesn't fit on the Tripod. I think I'll write the play by play of the game on this site and record highlights if I can manage them.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:13 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Game 2: 2-1 Loss

Game 3: Powerpros win 3-1 to avoid the sweep. Bullet got the save.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:19 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Latest updates:

Blue Jays 4 Game Series (Home)

Game 1: Powerpros win 3-0, Buchanan pitched a complete game 4 hit, 9 strikeout, shutout. Which is unusual because usually these generic pitchers can’t even last 6 innings.

Game 2: Powerpros win 4-3 with a walk-off hit in the 10th.

Game 3: Powerpros win 3-0, R.Flores pitched a complete game 2 hit, 21 strikeout, shutout for the win. Cosme knocked in all 3 runs and hit a 2 run home run in the 6th inning.

Game 4: Powerpros complete the sweep with a 3-1 win. Halter pitched 8 innings allowing 1 run and Bullet pitched the 9th to get a save.

Athletics 3 Game Series (Home)

Game 1: Powerpros win 4-2, the starter Vosberg pitched 7+ innings allowing 2 runs, Bullet pitched the 8th and 9th for a 2 inning save, save #6 for him.

Game 2: Athletics Win 4-3, Buchanan allowed 4 runs in the first inning, the Powerpros couldn’t recover.

Game 3: Powerpros win 4-1, Finegan pitched 5 innings allowing 1 run (HR) for the win, Bullet pitched the 9th for his 7th save. Osorio pitched 3 shutout innings of relief in between.

It sure is a huge difference in pitch speed when Bullet is brought in.

Also, I think I discovered why Actvitty doesn't get as many hits as others. He hits too well for his own good, when he gets decent contact he flys out, anybody else's hitting relies on (probably 90% of the time or more) dropping hits in front of the outfielders.

Does anyone still read these?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:31 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Blue Jays 4 Game Series (Away)

Game 1: Powerpros win 5-4 in the 10th, Dawley pitched 6+ innings allowing 4 runs for a no decision. Okajima narrowly avoided allowing a run or two. McGlinchy hit his first career home run in the 7th, Berger hit one in the 10th to give them a 5-4 lead, Bullet pitched innings 9 and 10 for his second win.

Game 2: Powerpros win 7-0, R.Flores pitched a complete game shutout, allowing 3 hits and striking out at least one batter every inning (18 total) for the win, bringing his record to 4-0, and his ERA down to 0.25. And for once the offense also did really good, hitting 2 home runs in the same game.

Game 3: Blue Jays win 1-0, Burnett pitched a complete game shutout, allowing 7 hits. Several mistakes and lucky plays ruined the Powerpros’ chances, in the 5th, a double turned into a double play as a runner is thrown out heading to the plate, then the other runner was caught advancing to third. In the 8th, Burnett blindly swung his arm towards the ball on a hit up the middle, it went directly towards the second baseman and a double play was turned. Nothing happened on their hit in the 9th. Powerpros had 2 errors and Halter got the loss, pitching 6 innings allowing 1 run.

R.Flores won Rookie and a Player of the month award. With a 4-0 W-L record, a 0.25 ERA, and 75 strikeouts.

Game 4:Blue Jays win 9-7, there were a total of 31 hits in the game. Nobody pitched well. Zhao went out in the fourth for "Elbow Pain" after allowing 4 runs and a walk in the inning. Powerpros had another 2 errors.

At the end of the series Actvitty's thrown out base stealer streak stands at 22. The Blue Jays missed a lot of hit and run attempts.

Any questions/comments?

Post subject: Re: The Portland PowerPros (Season log) Game 4 added
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:55 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Phillies
CPU will almost always hit-and-run. I've almost never seen the hitter take the pitch when the runner steals.

My Success Mode Players
Who (1B)
Terminator (CL)
ZackAttack (3B)
Panda (LF)
Newt (2B)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:54 am 
All-Star
All-Star

I've seen it a couple times, anyway I didn't think anybody would read this so I didn't use the format of the other games but, we swept the Mariners in a 3 game series.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:59 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Whenever the runner steals, I mash the up button as the pitch is thrown so I can whip it to second earlier. The problem is that if the hitter hits it and the play isn't at second, the player will still throw it to second. You can call throws before the fielder even has the ball.

My Success Mode Players
Who (1B)
Terminator (CL)
ZackAttack (3B)
Panda (LF)
Newt (2B)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:56 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Never tried that before, whenever the runner goes, I just move the ball to a random spot out of the strike zone so the hitter will miss. Then the catcher can throw them out, 24 caught stealing in a row.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:11 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

I just mash the button whenever I hear the crowd cheer (signaling a steal), and I don't bother throwing it out of the strike zone. I should try that, but it'd be hard to move the cursor AND mash the up button at the same time.

My Success Mode Players
Who (1B)
Terminator (CL)
ZackAttack (3B)
Panda (LF)
Newt (2B)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:36 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

You don't really have to mash the up button to throw them out, just press the button, well, maybe it doesn't work so well with other catchers, but Actvitty's thrown out 27 in a row.

Athletics Series (Away)

Game 1: Powerpros win 1-0, both starters went the full nine innings, R.Flores got the shutout striking out 16 and allowing 4 hits for his fifth win of the season (and his career).

Game 2: Powerpros win 3-2, Zhao went 7 innings allowing 2 runs (both in the 1st) for the win, Bullet got the save (#9), Powerpros had 12 hits.

Game 3: Powerpros complete the sweep with a 4-2 win, Halter went 8 2/3 allowing 1 run and leaving with an injury, Bullet allowed 1 run on two doubles but got the save (wasn't counted in game for some reason...).

Update in AL East Standings

1st: Portland Powerpros, 29-6. --- Games Behind
2nd: Baltimore Orioles, 24-11. 5 Games Behind
3rd: Boston Red Sox, 21-14. 8 Games Behind
3rd: Tamba Bay Rays, 21-14. 8 Games Behind
5th: New York Yankees, 13-22. 16 Games Behind
6th: Toronto Blue Jays, 11-24. 18 Games Behind

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:39 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Console '08: Wii and DS
The Orioles always seem to be in first this early in the season and they always end up in last
In power pros at least

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:37 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

DeathJohnson wrote:
Bullet allowed 1 run on two doubles but got the save (wasn't counted in game for some reason...)

I think the closer has to pitch a full inning to earn the save (at least in Power Pros)

My Success Mode Players
Who (1B)
Terminator (CL)
ZackAttack (3B)
Panda (LF)
Newt (2B)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:27 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

I also remember once when a 3 inning save didn't count. Power Pros is a bit sketchy on the save rules.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:29 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Victory!

Powerpros win against the Mariners 7-0. Somebody pitched a perfect game, I'll give you 3 guesses who :lol: He also struck out 17, and lowered his ERA to 0.17, if you're reading this you cheated...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next