Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 521 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35  Next
 Post subject: RIP-Hawaii Eagles
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:50 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Red Sox
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Wii and DS
Ok so when I make this log, I'm not gonna play alot of games at all, I usually simutate, I'll give you guys the trades I make, (if I make any at all), the FA's I get, my lineup and rotation, and stats and some news around the leauge. So don't expect this to be just like the pirates log or any other great log out there, I'll shortly have news about my players and stuff

Last edited by jacobye46 on Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:30 pm, edited 42 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Hawaii Eagles Franchise log
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:15 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Ok so I changed the names around of some of these expansion players to have real names
*sucess players
**Real players
Bats Lineup

S CF-Alcheves* E contact E power A run spd
L DH-Fransico E contact D power
R SS-Jackson E contact E power
L 3B-Brady F contact C power 3 trj
L 1B-Quentin F contact D power 3trj
R C-Griffiths E contact F power
L RF-Colarmino E contact E power D run spd
R LF-Devanon F power F contact
L 2B-Kata E contact F power

bench
Crosby-OF
Stewart-SS
Sparks-C
**Thurston-IF/OF
Fruto-SS

Rotation

Throws

L 1.Nixon* D con A Stamina RISP 4, VS Lefty 4, Safe Pitch, 85 MPH, Dual Style Stance
R 2.Zadam* C con A stamina RISP 4, Poise 4, VS lefty 4. Str Finisher, 92 MPH
L 3.Pena E control C stamina
R 4.Stone E control C stamina
L 5.McDaniel E control CStamina

Closer-McMillan

And for the record I'm in the AL west, (the other expanion team, the Phoenix smoke is in the AL central), I play at rainbow beach stadium and the Smoke play at goldapple stadium, my uniform is yellow and blue and the Smokes is Red and black

Last edited by jacobye46 on Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:30 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

April 1 2008
It is reported that the eagles have signed young veteran, Joe Thourston(Great White) to a deal worth 390, the eagles as a young team needed a veteran bench utitily player and other options were david newham and tomas perez but they opted to sign a younger player who has seen time in the majors over the last few years. Thurston, 29, can play Shortstop,2nd,and outfield

Note*I edited great white to joe thurtson and gave him ability to play short, and gave him E contact E power C run spd and C arm str

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:04 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

REPORT-April 2-New Expansion team not poised for big runs, but have talent
Both expansion teams are young and need to build on that for the future. Lets start with the Eagles, the eagles have a few good prospects that have a chance to be stars, 19 year old Nixon and 20 Year old Zadan will in the future be relied on to anchor the beggining rotation. Also Pena is someone to watch for as well, he has potential for middle to beggining of the rotation skill. The hitters to watch for are Brady and alcheves, brady has power potential and has a pretty good arm at third, and alcheves is good defensivly and is very fast and as a leadoff man, can cause problems at the beggining of the game for the other team.

The Smoke may have more young talent though.Their pitcher ,Ormond, will anchor the front thanks to his Stamina(B), The Smokes pitchers are thought to be more balanced in all-together skill but still lack big-named prospects like Nixon and Zadan for the Eagles. There hitters are pretty good though compared to the eagles. They have 1st basemen, Stynes and Sherrod who have good power(B), but Stynes has to start the year at AAA, they have 9-10 people with average power(D) and 2 people with pretty good power(C). Neither club is expected to compete, but both will have a chance for the future

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:08 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Phillies
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Why didn't you sign Dan Johnson? and Hideo Nomo? and Chuck James? and Matt Morris?

Anyway, looks good so far. I'll follow.

My Success Mode Players
Who (1B)
Terminator (CL)
ZackAttack (3B)
Panda (LF)
Newt (2B)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:16 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

I'm trying not to get these players that are real til next year, I usually pick only one Free agent when i do this stuff I usually one picked up Perez cause hes useful, and I only choose between guys who play alot of positions

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:42 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

April 2-Opening Day 2008
Orioles at Eagles
Guthrie vs Nixon

The beginning of the game started off rocky for the Eagles as Roberts led off with a single and Mora hit his first homer of the season into the left field seats at rainbow beach park. Nixon shook it off and retired Markakis, Millar and Hernandez respectivly to end the inning. Quentin got the first eagle hit with a double to center in the 2nd. Colaromino left the game in the 2nd after making a sensational catch against the wall and he was replaced by Crosby out in rightfield. In the 3rd Kata hit a homer to right in his first big leauge at-bat(it was everyones big league at bat this game). And it was made a 2-1 game. In the 6th, guthrie got out of a jam starting a lead-off triple by quentin and with 1 out with him on third, crosby came up and hit it to markakis and markakis was able to throw out the runner at the plate for the double play and to escape the inning. In the bottom of the 8th with a 4-2 orioles lead, Brady hit a 2 homer to tie it. Later Crosby hit a RBI double to give the eagles a 5-4 lead which they held onto with a save by mcmillan

W-Hairston(1 IP 0 runs)
L-Guthrie (8 IP 5 runs CG)
S-McMillan (1 IP 0 runs)
HR-Mora(1)
Kata(1)
Brady(1)

Nixon- 7 IP 4 Runs 3 K's

Well good game and I'm not gonna play alot

And for all those wondering I'm using Normal Pitching(Im not that great of a hitter anyways) powerful batting, powerful baserunning and expert fielding

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:44 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Giants
Favorite Japanese title: (DS) Nettou! Powerful Koushien
good job so far!
i'm following

"I accept that other people have different preferences. Even when those preferences include facial tattoos and stretch pants constructed from sufficient material to shelter a small village. And their livestock. Some men enjoy dancing with other men without their tops on while others prefer the company of a woman two KFC family buckets away from upsetting the planet's rotational axis."
-David Thorne

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:32 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Thanks, but every game I play won't be a win so this season is probably gonna be a hard one. But maybe this franchise will be as successful as my other expansion team that has won the NL west the last 3 year

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:59 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Game 2-Orioles(0-1) @ Eagles(1-0)
Daniel Cabrera Vs Zadan

It looked like De ja vu in the first as Markakis hit a bomb to right in the first. But in the bottom half, Quentin hit a homer to make it 2-1 and made quentin 5-5 with 5 extra base hits this season, but in the third markakis came through again with a grand slam to center. The eagles struck back getting runs back by a bases-clearer by brady and a homer by quentin to make it 7-5 and made quentin the first rookie to hit extra basehits in his first 6 at bats. It was quiet til the 9th, when with 2 outs and runners on the corners, scott moore hit a triple to give them an 8-7 lead, this blowing mcmilens first save. Jim johnson came out and blew a save by a sac fly by alcheves and in the bottom of the tenth, Brady came up and hit a walk-off homer to give the Eagles their second win!

W-McMillen
L-Johnson
Starters-Cabrera-(2.1 IP 7 runs) Zadan-(5 IP 5 runs)
HR-Brady(2) Quentin(1,2) Markakis (1,2)

Eagles best pitching prospects(nixon,Zadan) have combined to go 11 IP, 9 runs, 4 SO's. And quentin and brady have done unbelievable so far

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:17 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Eagles on hot streak

The eagles are 8-1 this season so far. Much of its sucess may be because of playing the orioles 6 times so far, their only loss is against the angels whom they took 2 out of 3 from. This is the month to run away with the divison early as we play our majority of the remainder of our games against the mariners. I'll make sure to report a game against the mariners on here

Team leaders- AVG-quentin(.400) Rbis-Brady(13) HRs T-Alcheves,Brady,Quentin(2)
SBs-Alcheves(2) W's-Hairston(3) Era-Zadan(3.21) SO's-Zadan(14) IP-Zadan(14) SV's-McMillen(3 for 3)

Zadan looks like our ace although his record is only 1-0, and hairston may be 3-0, but he has a 6.17 ERA. As for batters, Brady and Quentin have dominated for us and could easily compete for ROTY, The Smoke have done well too with a 5-4 record.

So whatdya you guys think so far?(and don't make fun of me cause of spelling cause I'm trying to type this all fast)
And GO CARDINALS ( If the cards lose then I have to pay my friends 5 dollars and 10 dollars so if they lose then I lose 15 bucks and if the steelers lose I get 15)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:09 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

White Sox(12-9) at Eagles(17-4)
Conteras Vs Zadan
The Eagles made it 3 straight as they beat the Sox 3-2. Zadan threw a complete game and Brady hit his 5th homer of the season in the 9th to win it for the Eagles. Contreras also threw a complete game but he didnt pitch the whole nine innings because of the 2 out walk-off

W-Zadan(2-0 2.97 ERA) (9 IP, 2 runs)
L-Contreras(3-2 5.57 ERA) (8.2 IP, 3 runs)
HR-Brady(5) Thurston(2) Konerko(7)

In other news The Phoenix Smoke have lost 13 straight and are now 5-17

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:25 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Eagles News
This was a great month as they were a major leaugue leading 22-6, noone is sure how this team has done so well. It may have been having an easy month against the Mariners and orioles whom they played alot in t April. McMillen,the closer, won the rookie of the month by posting 11 Saves, a 1.98 ERA, and 20 K's.

Team Leaders
HRs-Brady(5) RBIs-Brady(24) AVG-Quentin(.380) SBs-Alcheves(5)
ERA-Pena(1.50) K's-McDaniel(28) Wins-Hairston(4) IP-Nixon(31.1)

There will be no more posts from me today but you guys should still comment

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:32 pm 
Community Manager
Community Manager

Favorite Team: Tigers
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
I don't usually follow these kinds of stuff, but I'm following! I mean, man! I probably couldn't've won a few games with a bunch of rookies like the ones I usually get! I'm gonna try to start season mode sometime and try to make myself a winner.

"Another year older, another year better at Power Pros!" -Me
"Best way to get laid: Tell her you're the community manager of a baseball video game forum." -SkittleMonster
"The Chronicles of Dish's Love Life. I'd read it." -BrewersFuzz
"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the *(censored)* they ended up." -Dan Besbris

Twitter: @robtoml_statman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:34 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Right now its May 26 and I've won only like 6 games this month, most of the games have been against the red sox,yankees, and rays this month, so I'm not suprised that I've lost so many games

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 521 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35  Next