All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Las Vegas Sinners - Expansion Log
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:32 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Rays
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
(Las Vegas, Nevada) - "We're pleased to announce the site of the newest Major League Baseball Stadium and Team - Las Vegas!" Mayor Goodman announces. He was standing behind a bold, wooden podium. Of course, a microphone was on top to make his voice carry to even the furthest corner of the city. "With the city of Las Vegas' help, along with Mr. Dan Goldman of Shore Oil Inc., this stadium has been built, players have been scouted, and the team, officially dubbed the "Las Vegas Sinners" has been accepted into the American League!" Mayor Goodman quieted down once more. He looked out to the crowd then glanced to his left. He made eye contact with only one individual, Mr. Dan Goldman. "Let me introduce you to Mr. Dan Goldman."

Goldman is a short, stubby old man. His perfect black hair was parted equally, from side to side. He eventually hobbled his way over to the podium, where he was forced to stand on a stand, just to get over the top. His face was freckled, but masculine none the less. "Ladies and Gentleman, Blacks and Whites, I am Mr. Dan Goldman, Chief Executive Officer of Shore Oil Incorporated. I recently spoke with Baseball Commissioner Bud Selig and Mayor Goodman, when we came to an agreement - for ten years, there will be a baseball team here. We call it the Las Vegas Sinners. We already have a fair amount of talent scouted, but would like some of you, yes you average Joes, to come here and try out. The official tryout is sometime before Spring Training begins. I don't know the exact date, but as the owner of the Sinners, I'll stay out of day-to-day issues. That'll be handled by the President of the Organization when I choose him. God bless Las Vegas!" Goldman spoke arrogantly, like he was better than everyone else. Perhaps he was richer, but he was already making enemies.

However, in the crowd, a bunch of guys were getting excited. "We can finally fulfill our dream of playing for a Major League team! Woohooo!" They shouted in unison, but the crowd's roar and applause after Goldman walked off the stage drowned their shouting out.

Post subject: Re: Las Vegas Sinners - Expansion Log
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:36 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Red Sox
Console '08: Wii and DS
Yay, post up your lineups and stuff soon if you can

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:38 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Do you like the Mr. Goldman refrence? He finally owns his own Major League team!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:41 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Red Sox
Console '08: Wii and DS
Haha I didn't notice that you used him til just now

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:16 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

(Phoenix, Arizona) - "He has great stuff, Jim. He just needs to work on his swing a little and he'll be a first round pick." A wide-eyed, normal-sized individual said. He had a scruffy, black beard, and wasn't overly muscular. That's the best way to describe. To his left, was another man - Jim LaCrow. Jim was a major league scout and friend of Dan Goldman. They've known each other since high school in fact, and recently landed himself a job of being President of the newly-formed Las Vegas Sinners.

"I know, I know. Nick has extraordinary potential. Luckily, I'll be able to work out a deal for him, if Dan agrees." Jim LaCrow told his friend, who he happened to identify as Steve when he continued to speak. "Steve, listen... I'd like for you to be the General Manager of the Sinners." Jim was within his power to do so, and Steve had been the manager of his son's little league and t-ball team. That's the only experience he truly had.

"Well. I won't talk salary. I know you'll be fair - when do I start?" Steve Scharz continued, "The only requirement is my son, Nick, gets a spot on the team."

"He can, if he agrees. Like I said, you're the General Manager. You sign the talent, son or not. I don't care. Just get us winning players, alright?" LaCrow explained to Steve when he would start. The answer would be: immediately. Now, Jim had to excuse himself for a second to make a call to his close friend and owner of the Sinners, Dan Goldman. "Dan, it is official. Steve will be the General Manager. He just agreed." Jim said into his phone. He had a smile on his face, but then immediately frowned.

"No offense to you or Steve, but I don't think he's fit for the job." Goldman said into his own phone. He said it in a pretty harsh tone, and didn't appear as happy because his face was red, all over. "I wanted someone with a little bit more experience - think Cashman of the Yankees, or Epstein of the Red Socks."

"Listen, Dan... Steve can do wonderful things for any club. He knows what talent is, and he's not afraid to pursue it. Listen to me as a friend and not your business partner for a second. If we have Dan Scharz as General Manager, we'll see other general managers, like Billy Beane, asking where they went wrong. Even Cashman and Epstein will do it." Jim hissed. Then, he smiled once more, and kept a smile on his face for a good thirty seconds before gulping.

"If he doesn't sign someone who can carry us to the World Series in three years, you're both out of a job. And, remember, I have connections." Goldman immediately slammed his cell phone shut. He had enough of the conversation, and was displeased his friend would hire someone with no experience. Regardless, he'd make do and respect the decision with series consequences present if failure was to occur.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:46 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Yankees
Dr K wrote:
"If he doesn't sign someone who can carry us to the World Series in three years, you're both out of a job. And, remember, I have connections." Goldman immediately slammed his cell phone shut. He had enough of the conversation, and was displeased his friend would hire someone with no experience. Regardless, he'd make do and respect the decision with series consequences present if failure was to occur.

Is steve/jim going to stay?

Success Players

Tony Pena (SP)
Stetter (CP)
Kevin Frandsen (3B)
O'Flaherty (1B)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:07 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Me_and_Lucy wrote:
Dr K wrote:

Is steve/jim going to stay?

They will for now... I don't know. And by conncections, Goldman meant the Mafia.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:09 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Astros
Console '07: Wii and PS2
Console '08: Wii and PS2
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
The mafia will kill whoever beats his team. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:15 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

(Orlando, Florida) - "This place is great. It has everything you wanted, or told me about. Sorry. It sits on five acres, and you have plenty of room for new construction if you're into that type of thing." Victor Capone said. He served as a real estate agent in Orlando, Florida. Some people call it the Sunshine State. Regardless, he was a friend of Goldman's in High School. They played on the same baseball team, and Victor had a knack for turning even the worst player into the best. Which is why, he was being pursued to coach the Las Vegas Sinners.

"Well, now that I think about it... how soon can we move in?" An adult said. He's no one of importance, thus won't be covered. But as he spoke, Victor's cell phone went off. He looked at it, smiled, and excused himself from the conversation. He walked back to his car and answered his phone.

"Hello? This is Victor Capone." He said in a pleasant voice, "I saw you called Goldman, sorry about missing it. I'm with a client, can we make this quick?"

"Dan Goldman doesn't know quick, and as for your client, tell him to leave. You have yourself a Major League job. How would you like to manage the Las Vegas Sinners? I recently purchased them, and..." Goldman was abruptly cut off by an astonished Victor.

"Manage a Major League Team?! I'd love to!!" Victor exclaimed. He threw the keys to the farm house onto the ground and sped away in his nice, blue corvette. "I'm going to be a millionaire!" He exclaimed once more as he drove down the dirt road.

"Great. Meet me out in Vegas soon. We'll talk financials. Oh yeah, bring your kid. He's got a spot on the team, if he wants it." Dan Goldman said. He was recruiting his friends to manage his team, something most do not do.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:19 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Whoever can tell me who else had the last name Capone, and his nickname gets one of their players (no matter how good or sucky) placed on the team! Or, alternatively, you can get a management spot if that's what you like, or both.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:24 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Giants
Favorite Japanese title: (DS) Nettou! Powerful Koushien
Al Capone, his nickname was scarface.
mainly lived in chicago, actually helped people during the great depression

"I accept that other people have different preferences. Even when those preferences include facial tattoos and stretch pants constructed from sufficient material to shelter a small village. And their livestock. Some men enjoy dancing with other men without their tops on while others prefer the company of a woman two KFC family buckets away from upsetting the planet's rotational axis."
-David Thorne

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:31 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

stevenjackson39 wrote:
Al Capone, his nickname was scarface.
mainly lived in chicago, actually helped people during the great depression

Yup. Bingo. Alphonse Gabriel Capone. He got the nickname Scarface after being slashed across the face with a razor. (True story.) He's most famous for the St. Valentine's Massacre, which he planned, but was in Florida meeting with a Dade County Attorney General went it went down.

Do you have a specific character you want on the team, or something? I can have him be the Team Captain, or Bench Manager-Player. He'll be a starter, by the way, and salary isn't a problem. I have the large owner point boost unlocked, after all... THIS IS AN OIL TYCOON.

Just private message how you want him to be found. A good friend of someone already mentioned (Victor, Dan, Jim, or Steve), or he could be scouted potential and offered a shot at the majors!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:34 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Giants
Favorite Japanese title: (DS) Nettou! Powerful Koushien
:lol:
wait, one of MY players?
if so, who do you need more, a 1B, closer, or starter?

1B: Yoma Ma
CL: Either David Wrong or Torry Holt
Starter: Andre Rodriguez

"I accept that other people have different preferences. Even when those preferences include facial tattoos and stretch pants constructed from sufficient material to shelter a small village. And their livestock. Some men enjoy dancing with other men without their tops on while others prefer the company of a woman two KFC family buckets away from upsetting the planet's rotational axis."
-David Thorne

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:35 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

I want sucky starting pitching, so David Wrong or Holt it is. You can choose.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:36 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Braves
Console '07: Wii and PS2
Console '08: Sony PS2
This gives a new spin to sin city. Any players with red chucks..................lol

http://www.mlbppworld.com/wiki/index.php?title=Columbia_Dragons