Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 427 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 29  Next
 Post subject: Re: From the Pits to the Surface
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:18 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Rays
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
ESPN Trade Coverage
Sanchez-Uggla trade, was it worth it?

(http://www.espn.com/) - The Pirates are having one of the best seasons ever with the new management of Grady Little and Andrew ReLink. However, the problem for many fans is they've made alot of controversial trades, and they just made another. They've recently traded a lot with the Florida Marlins, first it was Mike Jacobs and Cody Ross, Anibal Sanchez, and finally, Dan Uggla. They've lost some players, and most of it being for the better. Look at Cody Ross, he's fourth in the Major League RBI count. That's incredible, and they just picked up another stud - Dan Uggla. He's an all star second baseman for sure, but the problem is the Pirates traded away one of the most consistent men on the team - Freddy Sanchez.

Offensively, the trade is great. Dan can hit fourty homeruns and bat over three-hundred each year. Freddy would slump and usually go just below three hundred, but that's not the point. Defensively, this is a downgrade. Freddy is a gold glover in my opinion, especially since he's been the head of a Pirates Defense which has the least amount of errors in the NL Central. On paper, the trade is great, because it is. Each team gets a solid player, each team wins.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:38 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Giants
Favorite Japanese title: (DS) Nettou! Powerful Koushien
yeah, you did get a good deal, but it wasn't really that lopsided for either of you.

"I accept that other people have different preferences. Even when those preferences include facial tattoos and stretch pants constructed from sufficient material to shelter a small village. And their livestock. Some men enjoy dancing with other men without their tops on while others prefer the company of a woman two KFC family buckets away from upsetting the planet's rotational axis."
-David Thorne

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:39 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Red Sox
Console '08: Wii and DS
Well defensivly, you're gonna need a second baseman to play for Uggla late in games. You can you Gomez but don't use Rivas because his G arm strength makes Uggla look better at second

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:42 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Last chance. Do you have any questions at all for Grady on what trades he plans on making in the future, how players are doing, etc. . .? I'll take anything at this point since I'm about ready to do the press confrence.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:44 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

are you negotiating any more trades, and with whom?

also, where are you playing ryan doumit?

"I accept that other people have different preferences. Even when those preferences include facial tattoos and stretch pants constructed from sufficient material to shelter a small village. And their livestock. Some men enjoy dancing with other men without their tops on while others prefer the company of a woman two KFC family buckets away from upsetting the planet's rotational axis."
-David Thorne

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:46 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

stevenjackson39 wrote:
are you negotiating any more trades, and with whom?

also, where are you playing ryan doumit?

Good questions. 0_0

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:56 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

:lol:
will i be receiving any good answers?

-David Thorne

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:04 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

stevenjackson39 wrote:
:lol:
will i be receiving any good answers?

Yes.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:09 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Grady Little Press Confrence Coverage

We're live at PNC Park, home of the Pirates today. Grady Little will be giving a press confrence, discussing the team's performance so far, and what moves he plans to make in the future.

Grady Little: Thanks for being here everybody. It means a lot to the franchise and more importantly to me. I've been the subject of controvery and ridicule among other MLB Franchise Owners. They said I wouldn't be able to navigate a team out of the pits, but so far, the Pirates have a foot on the surface of the NL Central and are about to pull themselves up to first.

Reporter One (New York Post): Mr. Little, do you have any negotiations scheduled with other teams from around the league, other than the Florida Marlins?

Grady Little: I don't want to go into every detail, but there is a possibility of fans seeing Johan Santana in a Pirates uniform.

Reporter One (New York Post): Johan Santana? Why would the Mets let their ace go?

Grady Little: Good question. They probably won't. I said there is a possibility of it happening. I didn't say it will happen.

Reporter One (New York Post): Who would you give up for Johan though, sir?

Grady Little: ...I said I didn't want to go into great detail, but I can say he's a starting pitcher. If you want details, you'll have to ask Andrew before the trade deadline. Next reporter?

Reporter Two (Tampa Bay Tribune): What about Ryan Doumit? How come he isn't a starter, and do you have any intentions of even using him this year?

Grady Little: Let me say this, Ryan has taken the field this year. He was decent and solid. I do have intentions of using him this year though before the deadline is up as trade bait.

Reporter Two (Tampa Bay Tribune): Trade bait?

Grady Little: Yes, trade bait. Doumit will probably find himself shipped off to another team or sent down to Triple-A while we try to call up a pitcher.

Reporter Two (Tampa Bay Tribune): You said there is a possibility of Johan being on the Pirates. Is Doumit included in that trade, or...?

Grady Little: I said I cannot go into details, but if I was trying to find another catcher, I'd go after Chris Snyder from the Diamondbacks. He's caught the eye of Andrew and I. We even started scouting him.

Reporter Three (Miami Herald): Do you stand by your decision to trade LaRoche over to the Marlins for Mike Jacobs?

Grady Little: Mike Jacobs isn't on my team anymore is he? Obviously I abandoned all hope for him. He needs to progress some more if he expects to be a star on any team.

Reporter Three (Miami Herald): What about the Sanchez-Uggla and Bixler-Sanchez trades?

Grady Little: Highway robbery. I didn't expect Marlins' management to be stupid enough to go for the Bixler-Sanchez trade, and the Sanchez-Uggla trade was just... great. I got their best player for my third best. Not to mention I have Cody Ross, someone they could use right now, especially since he's tearing it up. Fourth in RBIs.

Crazed Boston Fan: Boo! Little, you stink! The Socks could have went to the World Series but you blew it! You stink!

The fan went on to throw shoes at Little...

Grady Little: ...Yeah, this is over. I hope I answered the questions you have.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:27 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

I like the crazed red sox fan :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:32 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

jacobye46 wrote:
I like the crazed red sox fan :lol:

..THAT WAS YOU!

Jking, lol. I wanted to throw some humor in there. What do you of me trying to obtain Santana? Thoughts?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:36 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

I'm not sure
He has a huge salary so I don't think it's worth a few good players for someone with a 20000 salary, normally of would be fine but since the Pirates have a low salary cap, I don't think it's safe

Santanas payroll is more then the Marlins payroll :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:54 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Pirates announce intentions to make huge trade before deadline is up. Who will it be? Grady Little has made it very clear he'd like to acquire Johan Santana from the Mets, but on the other hand some fans may disagree. Who should they go for?

Yup, they've left a GM decision in the hands of fans. The Pirates are hoping to make one big trade before the deadline is done. Who should they go for? The hard-throwing ace, Johan Santana, or another fielder?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:41 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Pirates attempting to land huge deal with Boston that strengthens struggling Pirates bullpen; Damaso Marte for Hideki Okajima

Damaso Marte has been decent this half of the season. He's had his ups, and of course, his downs. However, according to Pitsburg Management he's had too many downs for them. They can't take it. Which is why they've worked up a deal with the Boston Red Socks which would give them Hideki Okajima who's 1-4 this season, fourteen blownsaves, the same as Marte, sixty-one strikeouts, and a 4.34 ERA. Marte, on the other hand, is 0-0 for this season, fourteen blownsaves, a 6.43 ERA, and seventeen strikeouts.

Pros of Trade
-Lower ERA
-Smaller Salary
-More likely to get strikeouts

Cons
-Trading away young talent for an older player
-Barely anyone can understand Okajima on the Pirates.

Grady Little and Andrew ReLink were quick to say this is not the trade which will blow all trades out of the water. It was just needed, and they hope they get it.

Pitsburg Pirates Lineup and Statistics thus far coming up!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:47 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

how about lincecum?
or maybe someone like haren or peavy?

-David Thorne

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 427 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 29  Next