Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 427 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
 Post subject: Re: From the Pits to the Surface
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:05 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Phillies
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
lol @ Uggla's tushie

My Success Mode Players
Who (1B)
Terminator (CL)
ZackAttack (3B)
Panda (LF)
Newt (2B)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:17 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Rays
ImageImage

Pittsburgh Pirates @ Houston Astros - Game One of Four

This is expected to be a good match between two good teams. However, there is tons more at stake for the Astros if they're capable of walking away with the victory. For example, the Astros need to sweep the Pirates for first, and all the Pirates need to do is give them one heck of a fight and keep their lead over the NL Central dominant. Experts are predicting the series will go to the Pirates...

We were able to get a word in with Pirates' manager, Terry Francona, before the game.

Francona: Thank you for having me here.

Interviewer: No problem, now do you think the Pirates will be able to win this game and series?

Francona: Not one doubt in my mind.

Interviewer: Well, okay. See ya, around.

Pitching Matchup

On the mound, we have two young pitchers. Wandy Rodriguez for the Astros and Mr. Chad Billingsley for the Pirates. This is going to be a dual. Billingsley, along with Wandy, were hot all year, and hope to be hot this year, aswell.

ImageImage

Pittsburgh Pirates' Starting Lineup

1. Carl Crawford - CF
2. Nate McLouth - RF
3. David Wright - 1B
4. Dan Uggla - 2B
5. Cody Ross - LF
6. Chris Snyder - C
7. Ryan Zimmerman - 3B
8. Robinson Cano - SS
9. Chad Billingsley - Pitcher

Houston Astros' Starting Lineup

1. Kazuo Matsui - 2B
2. Darin Erstad - CF
3. Carlos Pena - 1B
4. Carlos Lee - LF
5. Ty Wigginton - 3B
6. Hunter Pence - RF
7. Geoff Blum - SS
8. Brad Ausmus - C
9. Wandy Rodriguez - Pitcher

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:02 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Pittsburgh Wins!

The Pirates have had tons of victories this year. Well, by tons I mean five. However, doesn't exclude the fact that they almost lost this one. The Astros came out swinging - despite the fact none of them could hit a homerun. They showed everyone what smallball is all about as they continually hit singles and drew high pitch counts, wearing the pitchers down. Even though, their performance was not enough for the Pirates to lose at PNC.

Chad Billingsley didn't have the best performance of his career on the mound. He was solid and rightfully so only gave up three runs. He struck out two batters, and gave up an endless amount of hits. Luckily, he wasn't hit by the dreaded elbow pain, but was pulled in the third after giving up the three runs.

Mark Prior came into relieve Chad, and he did good. Prior allowed one run as he struck out two batters and gave up five hits. He showed consistency and dominance on the mound - which is what the Pirates' like to see. He walked away with the victory.

Well, the pitching was decent in this matchup, the hitting was better. David Wright did what David Wright does - give his team the lead. In the third inning, he was able to blast a four run shot in the third, and another homerun in the eight, which lead his team to the victory.

You're getting so close to your 150th homerun... let's hope you do it as a Buc!

So far, the Pirates have a five game winning streak and are currently leading the NL Central. The Brewers are one game behind, but the Pirates are confident they can maintain a lead.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:07 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Anyway, I'm going to go play Success Mode. I want to make Charlie Zink. :_: Wish me luck.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:11 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Giants
Favorite Japanese title: (DS) Nettou! Powerful Koushien
good luck!
my new guy's gonna be a beast!

"I accept that other people have different preferences. Even when those preferences include facial tattoos and stretch pants constructed from sufficient material to shelter a small village. And their livestock. Some men enjoy dancing with other men without their tops on while others prefer the company of a woman two KFC family buckets away from upsetting the planet's rotational axis."
-David Thorne

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:18 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Pittsburgh Signs RHP, Charlie Zink

This is one of the most surprising moves Pittsburgh has made all year. Charlie Zink, a guy who has nothing going for him, was released by the Red Socks immediatly after he blew a twelve run lead. Pittsburgh General Manager, Don Zimmer, immediatly signed the twenty-nine year old, knuckleball throwing pitcher.

"He has talent - he needs to develop. He'll be an ace, and with Duke struggling and King Felix out, he'll be perfect." Zimmer continued, "I expressed interest in gaining Tim Wakefield earlier this year, but now I have a younger Wakefield on my team." Zink is expected to start Thursday, April 9th, which is game four against the Astros.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:19 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

hmm, wonder where you found him, since he's not in the game... :P

"I accept that other people have different preferences. Even when those preferences include facial tattoos and stretch pants constructed from sufficient material to shelter a small village. And their livestock. Some men enjoy dancing with other men without their tops on while others prefer the company of a woman two KFC family buckets away from upsetting the planet's rotational axis."
-David Thorne

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:42 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

I made his appearance accurate. :)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:07 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Pittsburgh Pirates @ Houston Astros - Game Two of Four

This has been a close matchup for awhile now, and we're about to see it get closer as Roy Oswalt takes the mound for the Astros. Who will face him? None other than a canibal who can equally match someone like Roy. That's right. Anibal 'Canibal' Sanchez will be on the mound for Pittsburgh, and he will be looking for a victory!

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:26 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Pirates Win!

Pittsburgh has been dominant thus far. No one is even playing in their league - well, with the exception of the Red Socks. But, when you pick up the biggest free agents and don't do well, something is wrong! However, that's not we're here to discuss. We're here to discuss Pittsburgh performance in game two of a four game series against the Astros.

Anibal 'Canibal' Sanchez was able to walk away from the mound today after being very, very solid. He allowed eight hits, while striking out for, and two of those eight batters, crossed the plate. Anibal didn't look dominant on paper, but if you were actually there, you'd see how the hitters were baffled by his magnificent curveball and splitter which he developed in the off-season.

Charlie Zink came into yesterday's game as a reliever for Anibal. He came in the top of the sixth, no runners on base, but he let some people score. Two in fact, in that inning. However, after a long talk on the mound with catcher Chris Snyder and manager Terry Francona, he calmed down. He regained his composure and pitched five innings of ball, allowing eight hits and striking out four batters. He's still scheduled to pitch game four, which would give him only a day's rest.

Not all was dull, however. Pittsburgh bats kept amusing the fans - especially David Wright, our Player of the Game, he was able to hit a grandslam homerun in the bottom of the sixth, putting the Pirates up by a remarkable seven runs. What a game, what a game... if he keeps this up, he'll hit his 150th homerun in no time! Let's not forget the other performances, though. Do you remember guys named Dan Uggla and Robinson Cano? I do. They went long, too. Even longer than David. Let's give them a round of applause. They're the Pepsi Cola Players of the Game!

ImageImageImage
Congratulations, you three. Enjoy a Pepsi! On us!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:27 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

400th post of the log is mine. :)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:57 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Pittsburgh Pirates @ Houston Astros - Game Three of Four
This will be a game log.

Pitching dual after pitching dual. However, it begins to calm down dramatically as Tom Gorzelanny takes the mound to face off against Paul Estrada.

Now - if the Pirates win, they take home the series. Houston can only hope to win, which would stop a sweep. Though, we know how things go in the pits, there is no rules. Bid agressively. Steal. Steal. Steal.

ImageImage

You should have an idea of who is starting each game, especially when each team fails to change their lineup. Now, let's get ready to enjoy a matchup and see the Pirates come away with a victory!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:58 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

this isn't close to a pitcher's duel.
it's more like a slugfest.
good luck, though.

-David Thorne

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:02 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Uggla hits a high one...

Is it gone?

Is it gone?

The centerfielder is back at the warning track!

He jumps onto the fence and stretches out his glove!

IT IS GONE!

Uggla hits his fourteenth homerun of the year!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:05 pm 
Community Manager
Community Manager

Favorite Team: Tigers
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
:lol: Good drama there, Dr K. I'm going like this now:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D :D :D :) :) :)

"Another year older, another year better at Power Pros!" -Me
"Best way to get laid: Tell her you're the community manager of a baseball video game forum." -SkittleMonster
"The Chronicles of Dish's Love Life. I'd read it." -BrewersFuzz
"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the *(censored)* they ended up." -Dan Besbris

Twitter: @robtoml_statman

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 427 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next