Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hawaii Predators
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:11 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Red Sox
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Wii and DS
April 16- Fruto down, Zapp called up from Triple-A Honululu
Struggling right-hander Fruto was sent down for prospect Zapp. Fruto has given up 8 runs in 7 innings of work while allowing a .478 average against him. Zapp throws around the 88-91 mph range(91 to be precise) and has E control and C stamina. Zapp is considered one of their best prospects.

And I fixed my error in the post

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:32 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

April 25- Alcheves Blog- Talking Preds
I thought it would be a cool idea to discuss the team and discuss what I'm thinking, some of it good, some of it not good. I'll also discuss some problems in the clubhouse. We have alot of personality, too much personality...It is too the point where I have not much pleasant to say. But lets start with the good, we are 9-13 which is good considering our expectations, we get fans here filling the seats despite the scores and not to mention we have great offense so far. The bad....is bad. Our pitching has tanked as of late, LaForest just gave up 9 runs, while Cosme's coming off of back-to-back 6-7 run outings. Phillips has a 6.07 ERA but thats not as bad as the others. Zadan seems to be one of the few I feel can lead us to a win. Our offense has scored 230 runs, we need pitching help. We just lost 4 straight to Cleveland and to make it beter, we have to go to Yankees stadium for 3 games. We lost a tough final game by giving up an 8 run third inning. I'm still hurting from a collision at the plate with V-Mart today but I'll live. What happened was that I was on 3rd with 1 out and West up. He misses a bunt trying for a squeeze bunt, and I fooled the pitcher to throw to third while I ran home and I collided with him. Speaking of West, I haven't had much fun with the guy. He is having issues at home and seems to be digging my girlfriend, thats a cause for concern because she's starting to talk about West more and more it seems...But anyways then theres Hills. He's having a great season with 6 homeruns so far, but his outside of baseball life is troubling. I've been hearing talks of robbers and him being involves, not the best guy to have in the clubhouse. He'll throw a hugh fit everytime he gets out though. Sure, there are the Youkilis type players that do that but he's gonna hurt someone one day. He'll throw the bat, swear, push us across and destroy the Gatorade machine. One of the times I could've sworn that I saw him beating Mills but I hope that was just my imagination. Or maybe its Hill's trying to steal his money. We're not getting high salary so I could see him doing that for money but its pathetic. I always can here a little dialouge between the two talking about money and killing, poor Mills. Me on the other hand, I'm gonna try to stay away from this. I will also try to get these blogs up every month or 2 just for updates on the club - Alcheves

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:35 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

I'm hoping that the Alcheve's blog can make up for the stories I dont have...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:57 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

April: 13-15 record

Team leaders

Average: Mills (.367)

Homeruns: Hills (9)

RBIS: Hills(26)

SB: Alcheves(6)

OPS: Hills(.971)

W: Zadan(3)

ERA: Zadan(3.06)

Saves: Christian(6)

K's: Zadan(27)

Notes:

> Quantana is second on the team in IP with 22.2 and will now be a starter replacing Cosme as Cosme moves to pen

> Christian: 6-6 in saves with 0.71 ERA

> Hampson only has 2 works to 20 strikeouts

> Mills only has 11 strikouts in 87 AB's

> Burton has a 20-1 K:BB ratio, but has a 7.31 ERA: will stay in pen because of control

> Fussell, Mills and Powe have yet to make errors. Fussell is playing his first ever games at shortstop and at 19 games there, he has 0 errors: origanaly a 3rd basemen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:32 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Rays
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
jacobye46 wrote:
April 25- Alcheves Blog- Talking Preds
I thought it would be a cool idea to discuss the team and discuss what I'm thinking, some of it good, some of it not good. I'll also discuss some problems in the clubhouse. We have alot of personality, too much personality...It is too the point where I have not much pleasant to say. But lets start with the good, we are 9-13 which is good considering our expectations, we get fans here filling the seats despite the scores and not to mention we have great offense so far. The bad....is bad. Our pitching has tanked as of late, LaForest just gave up 9 runs, while Cosme's coming off of back-to-back 6-7 run outings. Phillips has a 6.07 ERA but thats not as bad as the others. Zadan seems to be one of the few I feel can lead us to a win. Our offense has scored 230 runs, we need pitching help. We just lost 4 straight to Cleveland and to make it beter, we have to go to Yankees stadium for 3 games. We lost a tough final game by giving up an 8 run third inning. I'm still hurting from a collision at the plate with V-Mart today but I'll live. What happened was that I was on 3rd with 1 out and West up. He misses a bunt trying for a squeeze bunt, and I fooled the pitcher to throw to third while I ran home and I collided with him. Speaking of West, I haven't had much fun with the guy. He is having issues at home and seems to be digging my girlfriend, thats a cause for concern because she's starting to talk about West more and more it seems...But anyways then theres Hills. He's having a great season with 6 homeruns so far, but his outside of baseball life is troubling. I've been hearing talks of robbers and him being involves, not the best guy to have in the clubhouse. He'll throw a hugh fit everytime he gets out though. Sure, there are the Youkilis type players that do that but he's gonna hurt someone one day. He'll throw the bat, swear, push us across and destroy the Gatorade machine. One of the times I could've sworn that I saw him beating Mills but I hope that was just my imagination. Or maybe its Hill's trying to steal his money. We're not getting high salary so I could see him doing that for money but its pathetic. I always can here a little dialouge between the two talking about money and killing, poor Mills. Me on the other hand, I'm gonna try to stay away from this. I will also try to get these blogs up every month or 2 just for updates on the club - Alcheves

Hahaha. Is Alcheves going to be a Manny and hit him?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:37 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Alcheves would never do that, but its not to say the same about your guys :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:43 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Astros
Console '07: Wii and PS2
Console '08: Wii and PS2
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
dr. K's guys would have the entire Mafia come in and murder him. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:03 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Rays
lanceberkman wrote:

ARE THEY REALLY THAT BAD?!

...All they did was hit each other with bats..

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:09 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Phillies
don't be afraid to be a little creative jacobye. :)

(they shouldn't all be stereotypes) :wink:

My Success Mode Players
Who (1B)
Terminator (CL)
ZackAttack (3B)
Panda (LF)
Newt (2B)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:30 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

When it comes to these kind of stories, I'm not that creative. But I'll still do the blog thing just as an update thing

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:01 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Astros
Console '07: Wii and PS2
Console '08: Wii and PS2
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
Dr K wrote:
lanceberkman wrote:

ARE THEY REALLY THAT BAD?!

...All they did was hit each other with bats..

Well you have a whole gang fight thing going on. And they're trying to use lipstick steroids so...... :roll: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:05 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

American Leauge West Division
Here is a chance to meet the AL west and how they are doing, all of this as of May 5th

1st Place- Oakland Athletics(19-13, -- GB)
Here is a franchise stacked with talented players like Ellis, Chavez, Cust, Devine, Crosby, Duchscherer and more, but have been kept down thanks to injuries. Ellis, Chavez and Crosby in particular. Chavez was once a feared bat that hasn't been healthy for a full season since 2006, Crosby was once a rookie of the year that has struggled to play 100 games a year while Ellis has shown to be a very underated second baseman when healthy. But all of these players have been healthy which has led to a year where they are on top of west. They have given up the least amount of runs in this division butneed offense. They are last in average, homeruns, stolen bases and runs in the AL west. The problems are Crosby and Chavez not play like they should, which is noted in their combined 4 homeruns.

Will win West if: Their offense will wake up, which means contributions from Chavez and Crosby

Will lose if: Offense stays the same, Duchscherer stays inconsistance[size=150]

Team leaders- Average: Ellis(.339) Homeruns: Cust(8) Rbis: Cust(22) Wins: Duchserer(3) IP: Duchserer (32.1) Saves: Street(7) ERA: Duchscherer(3.99)

2nd place- Texas Rangers(18-14, 1 GB)

The Rangers have been a suprise team this year. They have the lowest ERA in the west along with the most runs in the west. The ERA is the biggest suprise at 4.22 thanks in part to the contributions from their starters, Padilla(1.86 ERA, 5-0), Gabbard(3.48 ERA) and spot starter Josh Rupe(2.86 ERA). Their offense is great, they have 4 guys batting over .300, and 4 more batting over .286, but Hamilton is struggling as seen with .225 average. Rookie sensation Chris Davis is pacing the team as he has the highest average and homer total on the team.

Will win west if: their pitching can keep up with the offense and not fall apart

Will lose if: their pitching falls apart like it is projected to and their offense falls just a step

Team Leaders: Average: Davis(.339) Homeruns: Davis(8) Rbis: Davis(23) Wins: Padilla(5)
ERA: Padilla(1.86) IP: Padilla(38.8.) Saves: Benoit(5)

3rd place- Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim(15-17, 4 GB)

The Angels have a talented offense and pitching but have not been able to put them both together. Teixiara and Guerrero are struggling to hit homeruns(5 each) and the all around team is struggling to hit the ball out of the park. But they have some players with career years in averages. Kendrick paces them with a .398 average while Figgins and Matthews Jr. aren't too far behind. Lackey, Saunders and Santana have paced their rotation with good ERAs. K-Rod is 6-6 in saves and one key player, Scot Shields, is struggling to keep his ERA under 10 with a 9.98 ERA. Over all, they are a good team just off to a slow start.

Will win west if: They get over their slow start, if Guerrero and Teixara start hitting and if their team can hit some more homers

Will lose if: If they stay how they are and Shields can't get over his rough start
Team leaders: Homeruns: Teixiara(5) Average: Kendrick(.398) Rbis: Teixiara(27) Wins: Lackey(4) ERA: Lackey(3.06) IP: Lackey(47.1) Saves: Rodriguez(6)

T-4th place- Seattle Mariners(13-19, 6 GB)

The Mariner's have shown to be frustrating in the past, expecting a great season just to have it disappear early as it has this year. Their offense is run by Beltre, Ibanez and Ichiro but need help in other spots, also Clement, their DH/C has been pretty good with 5 homeruns but their up-the-middle defense needs help. Lopez and Betancourt are both struggling with sub .200 averages. Their rotation is a mess, Hernandez has a 2.95 ERA, Washburn has a 4.56 ERA but then theres the last 3 with ERA's over 7. The teams looks like a mess but has potential if they can put it all together.

Will win west if: They can get Lopez and Betancourt to bat over .200 and to sort out their rotation. They'll only win if they get a complete collapse from Oakland, LA, and Texas

Will lose west if: They play like they're playing

Team leaders: Homeruns: Ibanez(7) Rbis: Ibanez(29) Average: Ichiro(.313)
Wins:Hernandez(3) IP: Hernandez(38.8.) ERA: Herndandez(2.95) Saves: Putz(7)

T-4th place- Hawaii Predators(13-19, 6 GB)

The Preds have been having themselves a solid year for an expansion team. Their offense is doing very well with Mills among average leaders, Hodge batting .365 in 65 at-bats, Hills among leaders in homeruns and getting an all-around good performance from their hitters. Their problems seems to be finding a consistent pitcher. Zadan and Hampson have shown the most promise with a 3.06 ERA for Zadan and a 3.47 ERA from Hampson. Cosme was botted from the rotation and is closed to going down to Triple-A. LaForest has talent but a 6.36 ERA and Phillips is up and down with a 5.67 ERA, and Quantina struggled in his first start(5 runs in 2.2 IP). Their bullpen has been a bright spot this year. Zapp(1.80 ERA), Jaramillo(2.36 ERA) and Obradovis(2.67 ERA) have paced the way to talented closer Christian(0.79 ERA). Burton and Nolen will stay in bullpen for now but are in danger of a trip to AAA. Its safe to say that they will have a strong team in the future.

Will win west if: They can get their pitching to do well, thats their biggest concern

Will lose if: If they can't get their starters under control and if the west race stays as it is

Team leaders: Average: Mills(.337) Homeruns: Hills(9) Rbis: Hills(27) Wins: Zadan(3)
ERA: Zadan(3.06) IP: Zadan(32.2) Saves: Christian(6)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:08 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Giants
Favorite Japanese title: (DS) Nettou! Powerful Koushien
nice preview.
gonna update the astros log, then going to desperados.

"I accept that other people have different preferences. Even when those preferences include facial tattoos and stretch pants constructed from sufficient material to shelter a small village. And their livestock. Some men enjoy dancing with other men without their tops on while others prefer the company of a woman two KFC family buckets away from upsetting the planet's rotational axis."
-David Thorne

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:13 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

2 at once, thats quite a task you got there
And it took me like half an hour to write that preview, theres alot of stuff to put there

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:29 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Giants
Favorite Japanese title: (DS) Nettou! Powerful Koushien
lol yeah.
gonna finish a trade request really quickly, just about to move on...

"I accept that other people have different preferences. Even when those preferences include facial tattoos and stretch pants constructed from sufficient material to shelter a small village. And their livestock. Some men enjoy dancing with other men without their tops on while others prefer the company of a woman two KFC family buckets away from upsetting the planet's rotational axis."
-David Thorne

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next