Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: The 1913 Boston Red Sox
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:58 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Dodgers
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Wii and PS2
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2011
i think my dad bought the 07 version of this game. it's kinda like simyard, you don't control anything. But at least you get to pick your players, unlike in Simyard.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:02 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Phillies
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Some guys I would like to see ratings:

Ray Schalk
Chief Meyers
Rabbit Maranville
Max Carey

My Success Mode Players
Who (1B)
Terminator (CL)
ZackAttack (3B)
Panda (LF)
Newt (2B)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:58 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Rays

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:41 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

I'm expecting Rob to come onto this thread and say

"Go Yankees!"

Because I gave them the three best players in the game...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:45 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Astros
Console '07: Wii and PS2
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
It's only a matter of time... :lol:

Will the Colt 45s be added in 1962 or will they be called the Astros?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:22 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

lanceberkman wrote:
It's only a matter of time... :lol:

Will the Colt 45s be added in 1962 or will they be called the Astros?

They'll be added as the Colts. The Brewers will be added as the Pilots. I have an uncle who was a top prospect on the Pilots.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:50 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Pardon my French, but WHAT THE HECK IS TIMOTHY YAWKEY THINKING?!?! THIS GUY IS JUST A NUTJUB! HE BELONGS IN AN ASYLUM FOR THE CRIMINALLY INSANE!

Alright, alright... calm down. Maybe he's just trying to rebuild the Red Sox? He didn't get rid of our younger stars and pitching which is great, but WHAT THE HECK IS HE THINKING? If you don't believe me, check this out;

Attachment:
Trans.jpg
Trans.jpg [ 69.48 KiB | Viewed 2664 times ]

We get a ton of prospects, which is nice. I can see why he wanted to make the trades, too. Oh whatever! Let's just ask him!

"We [the Red Sox] were way over budget. I sat down with the owners of the team and we all decided that a firesale for cheaper talent would be best. To give you an exact number, we were about two hundred and four thousand dollars over budget. If we didn't do something about it, and quick, Boston would be no more." Yawkey told the Boston media. Luckily, some of the youngest and brightest starts are staying on the Red Sox, including Harry Heilmann who is coming off a season in which he batted .362 with two homeruns. Babe Ruth has also decided that he doesn't want to be a pitcher, so he'll be playing left field for the Red Sox. We saw him in his rookie season, in which, he bashed ten homeruns. There is no telling what he can do now... after studying under Ty Cobb! He must know the secrets of hitting and! He has a new mentor! Sam Crawford can give him some pointers, too!

Ty Cobb lead the Red Sox to another World Series title before being traded away to New York... he won the triple crown award and showed he has some excellent power...

Attachment:
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg [ 39.06 KiB | Viewed 2665 times ]

Big Six keeps getting better with age, he won his award - the Big Six award! He's incredible. At his current pace, he'll finish better than former teammate and Red Sox ace, Cy Young! The thirty-seven year old projects to have atleast, at the very least, three more years in his arm. Red Sox fans would like to see five or six, but realistically, it may not happen.

Also, Rogers Hornsby went out with a torn posterior cruciate ligament in the beginning of the season. He should return before/early next season... if he doesn't, Boston wasted a ton of money and a potentially dangerous right fielder for an injury prone shortstop. Not good.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:58 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

I downloaded the 2003 version and it's reall confusing. I can't figure out how to advance the schedule or anything...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:14 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Cubs
Go to Schedule under league and then in thhe right blank box (the 4th one) the word simulate should be there. roll over it and select sim x years, sim day, sim week, sim month, sim season.

Add me on things:
Steam: PacmanAteMe
League of Legends: PacmanAteMe
PSN: hawkey12347

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:17 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Ok. It's hard to find things because it's all transparent...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:43 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Phillies
Do you think you might want to go for any of these guys?

My Success Mode Players
Who (1B)
Terminator (CL)
ZackAttack (3B)
Panda (LF)
Newt (2B)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:53 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

I'd go for Carey. Probably Rabbit if I didn't have Hornsby. Meyers career ended awhile ago. =(

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:36 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Dodgers
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2011
i would like to see Honus Wagner if he isn't retired yet

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:35 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Wow. That took longer than I originally thought. I was playing as the 2009 Red Sox and watched in awe as Masterson pitched a fifteen inning shutout against the Rays!!

The Flying Dutchman retired after the Pirates won the World Series in 1913. Can't say I blame him! If I was thirty-nine and still playing ball, I'd retire.

Attachment:
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg [ 218.85 KiB | Viewed 2616 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:58 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Boston lost many great players before the season started this year, but that didn't stop the team from playing well. Everybody, and I mean everybody, came together and played as a team to make this the best season ever in franchise history. The Red Sox. The most dominant team in the history of baseball finished the season off with a record of 107-33. We couldn't have asked for more. Well, we could have asked for a World Series victory, but that didn't happen... however, the other Boston team beat St. Louis. That's terrific news. If one Boston team loses, the other won wins, eh?

Though, Boston lost a terrific player this year... Mordecai Brown decided to retire. At the age of forty-two, he accumulated a 227-183 lifetime record with 1471 strikeouts in 3712 innings. In 486 starts, Brown put together a fabulous 2.83 ERA. It is unknown if he will be inducted into the Hall of Famer by the writers. Then again, there is always the veteran's committee which can induct him... that includes teammates such as Vic Willis and Cy Young, so he has a good chance there.

Christy Mathewson or "Big Six" is lobbying for Brown's induction into the Hall of Fame. Mathewson who is arguably the best pitcher in the history of baseball, is also up there in age and is thinking of retiring. "Me and Brown created one of the most dominant back-to-back duos in the history of the game. To not allow one part of that duo into the Hall of Fame is absurd. If you look at his career numbers, they compare to others in the Hall. I see no reason why he [Brown] shouldn't be in it." Mathewson is one of the most powerful players in the game at the moment, as he has an entire award named after him. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Baseball writer's give into his demands.

George Sisler was injured in this year's League Championship Series. One of the Brown's players slid into him while he was guarding third base. He partially tore his labrum and is scheduled to be out for three months, barring any mishaps in rehab. If all goes well, he'll be back for next season. Which is good news for the Red Sox, anybody who bats .397 with six home runs needs to be in the starting lineup. Speaking of injured players, Roger Hornsby strained his hamstring. He's out for two months, too. Team trainers are watching his injury closely making sure he didn't aggravate an earlier injury.

Now, for a look at Red Sox team and league leaders:

Harry Heilmann is doing a terrific job at replacing Cobb/Speaker/Jackson. He's one of those players who can keep it up to boot. I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the Hall of Fame one day under Cobb, if not above him. Babe Ruth took over in left field for Boston. He had a terrific season, slugging ten home runs and driving in one hundred and fourteen RBIs. He'll be the prototypical home run hitter for years to come, I'm sure. Hornsby and Sisler also had breakout years. They are two of the youngest stars on the Red Sox who are protected for years to come... expect them to be a house hold name for generations to come.

Mathewson had another great season. He's obviously going to receive the Big Six Award. He's becoming better with age. He may be able to finish better than Cy Young if he has the kind of longevity that Cy had. We don't expect him to, but some baseball analysts are saying he has the "makings of a legend". We agree?

Taking a look at the league leaders...

Cobb had an excellent year. He lead the Majors in batting average. His presence was missed in the Red Sox lineup but even without him, they were able to have a winning season.

Pitchers are a different story...

People can decide for themselves on this one, but Mathewson pretty much lead the Majors in every major pitching category.

That's pretty much it... no major transactions have been made thus far in the off-season, if there are, you'll know.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next