Post subject: The Norfolk Hawks: Season II
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:22 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Giants
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: (DS) Nettou! Powerful Koushien
As Steven Jackson strode into his luscious new office in newly built and christened STIHL Park (as they had a HQ in Norfolk), he couldn't help but smile. His dream, being the GM of a baseball team, was finally true, and he'd be able to build this one from scratch. Norfolk, as well as Vancouver, were granted MLB teams for the upcoming season, and all was right with the world. You know, except for the economy and the Middle East war and the latest governor to have a sex scandal. That stuff.
His assistant manager, Jacob Yeforsiks, was already in the room, and had just finished a report on their new players, all 43 of them. As he ambled over to desk to see the report, something caught his eye on the shelf. It was a handwritten note, unmistakenly in the handwriting of one Alex Pacone.
Pacone was, well, temperamental to say the least. He was the owner of the club, and, when his team was losing, could easily be seen throwing something or other at his assistant, Felix. He wasn't exactly dumb, though, and knew Jackson was the right man for this job.
Anyhow, the note read,
"Dear Steven,
I just wanted to thank you for accepting my gracious offer (which made him the lowest paid GM since 2003.) for running this club. I know I can be a little hard to deal with...
"You bet your sweet @$$," thought Jackson.
but I sure hope this will be a great year for the Hawks and for me. But remember this: I idolize Steinbrenner. But he's a wuss. If you see somebody slacking off, just tell me and I'll handle the rest. This goes for you too, though, Stevie.
I'm counting on you.
- Alexander Pacone

"Jesus, this guy is annoying!" said Steven to Jacob, who couldn't suppress a chuckle. Unfortunately, they both knew what Pacone meant when he said he would "handle the rest." Let's just say being fired wasn't that bad compared to what would happen. Rumor had it that he even snapped a guy's neck after he talked back to Pacone. The player was then rushed to Intensive Care, where he received notice that he was now jobless.
"Okay then," exclaimed Jackson slowly, "let's see that report."

TUNE IN TOMORROW FOR THE ROSTER!

"I accept that other people have different preferences. Even when those preferences include facial tattoos and stretch pants constructed from sufficient material to shelter a small village. And their livestock. Some men enjoy dancing with other men without their tops on while others prefer the company of a woman two KFC family buckets away from upsetting the planet's rotational axis."
-David Thorne

Last edited by stevenjackson39 on Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:28 pm, edited 17 times in total.

Post subject: Re: The Norfolk Hawks: Some Experience Wanted!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:27 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Mariners
Console '07: Sony PS2
holy crap :shock: he snapped a guy's neck :lol: well that wouldn't be hard to do :twisted:

anywho what kind of experince? do you need

The reason why Outworld hadn’t went for their tenth win against Earth realm is because Raiden threatened to get Chuck Norris. Archeologists unearthed an old english dictionary dating back to the year 1236. It defined "victim" as "one who has encountered Chuck Norris"
Chuck doesn’t wash his dishes, they get clean out of fear
Although it is not common knowledge, there are actually three sides to the Force: the light side, the dark side, and Chuck Norris.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:28 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

No, It's just part of the title, since everyone on the team is a rookie except one guy who I signed.
I'll give you a hint: he's a good pitcher.

"I accept that other people have different preferences. Even when those preferences include facial tattoos and stretch pants constructed from sufficient material to shelter a small village. And their livestock. Some men enjoy dancing with other men without their tops on while others prefer the company of a woman two KFC family buckets away from upsetting the planet's rotational axis."
-David Thorne

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:28 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

uuuh hm.............

who

The reason why Outworld hadn’t went for their tenth win against Earth realm is because Raiden threatened to get Chuck Norris. Archeologists unearthed an old english dictionary dating back to the year 1236. It defined "victim" as "one who has encountered Chuck Norris"
Although it is not common knowledge, there are actually three sides to the Force: the light side, the dark side, and Chuck Norris.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:30 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

fine,:
chuck james.
i edited him a little, by the way (groundball P, both SLD and CHG 3, STAM A)

-David Thorne

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:34 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

nice stats man, but i stock pile my points that way i can make huge success in success!

but uh I don't know who chuck james is,

unless he is a success guy or edited i don't know,

oh and i'm importing the japan Powerful Majors 2009 guess what it is :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:35 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

that makes no sense...
james plays for the braves in real life, but went through tommy john surgery, he'll miss all of '09.
he's a FA in PP08 though.

-David Thorne

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:37 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

oooh cool any way did you guess the game yet hint hint wink

Post subject: Re: The Norfolk Hawks: Beginnings
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:31 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

"Well then," said Steven Jackson, glancing at the scouting reports of all 43 of his players, plus a few extra players they were looking to acquire, "where do we start?"

Batting order:
Rykel Soriano, SS, A+ A A+ B A+
Andy Wallace, CF, E E+ D E C
Howie Russell, 2B, D F E+ G+ D+
Will Clark, 3B, D B E D E+
Guy Person, 1B, F+ C+ F F E
Davis Villala, DH, F+ C F E+ F+
Felix Fernandez, LF, E D E E E+
Quentin Peerson, RF, E+ E+ E E E+, Clutch Hit 1
Tito Raymundo, C, E+ F F D+ D+

Bench:
Nemare Jones, C, E F+ G+ D+ E+
Ned Bigby, 1B, G+ C F+ E+ F, Clutch Hit 5
Zackary Sequoia, SS, F F E D D+
Dan Binar, CF, F F E+ D D, Durability 2

Rotation:
Johnathan Christianson, 89 mph, CTRL D, STAM C, SLD 3, SLV 3, CB 1, FORK 2.
Chuck James, 92 mph, CTRL C, STAM A, SLD 3, CHG 3, Fastball Life 4, Groundball P, Vs. LH Batter 2, Power P
Emil Duff, 92 mph, CTRL D, STAM C, SLD 3, CUT 1, CB 2
Leslie Peterson, 90 mph, CTRL D, STAM C, CUT 2, CB 3, FORK 1, Sparkplug
Vance Black, 87 mph, CTRL F, STAM C, CUT 3, CB 3, FORK 2, Vs. Runner 2
Alexandro Ramirez, 91 mph, G+ CTRL, C STAM, 1 2SFB, 2 CB, 2 FORK

SM:
Javier Fernandez, 90 MPH, CTRL E+, STAM C, SLD 3, CB 3

MR:
Lee Nance, 94 mph, CTRL F-, STAM C, CUT 3, CB 3, KN 2
Chris Hubbard, 88 mph, CTRL D, STAM C, CUT 2, CB 3, FORK 1

SU:
Patricio Marino, 87 mph, CTRL C, STAM C, SLD 2, CB 1, PALM 2, FORK 3
Lee Swan, 93 mph, CTRL D-, STAM C, SLD 2, CUT 3, CB 3

CL:
Pika Choo

No really good players in AAA worth mentioning. If one gets called up before September, I'll give you his stats.

-David Thorne

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:33 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Cubs
I guess the Rykel Soriano request was the best thing you ever did. :P

Add me on things:
Steam: PacmanAteMe
League of Legends: PacmanAteMe
PSN: hawkey12347

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:53 pm 
Intimidator
Intimidator

Favorite Team: Rays
Chuck James isn't your ace?!?!

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3276

It's going to be great!!!

Time to stop the spam!!!

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3294

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:56 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Red Sox
Console '08: Wii and DS
So are you gonna make any big deals
Just male sure you keep a good amount of your expansion players and practice them to become good players

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:30 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Of course.
I can't trade expansion players anyways, the trades ALWAYS become 1 star... :?
Also, in a sec I'll post trades I'm looking at. Some of them are amazing. (I picked up FA'S for trading purposes only...)

btw, is your starting salary your limit, or is it set by the salary at the end of the season? (for expansion teams)

-David Thorne

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:09 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Edit: I decided on my own.

SO MUCH FOR BABY STEPS
By Wyatt Hewitt
Senior Sports Correspondent
Norfolk, Va.
Today, every baseball fan in southeast Virginia rejoiced. As for the good samaritans in Denver, well, let's just say the G.M. won't make it to Opening Day when it comes in about a week. Or the whole year, for that matter. He was fired right after Bud Selig signed the paperwork, and for good reason. This trade cup thoughts of Bavasi form the Mariners, and Ted Stepien, back with the Cleveland Cavaliers, who traded away 5 consecutive first-round picks, so bad that now there's a rule called the Ted Stpien rule. Anyways, nobody believed it until they woke up, saw the crawl on SportsCenter, and immediately spit their coffee in their spouse's face. The Norfolk Hawks, one of the two expansion teams formed to take a load off the Nationals as the worst teams, are suddenly shooting up everybody's charts. The signings of Pika Choo and Rykel Soriano started it, but they were relatively unknown. This, on the other hand, affects EVERYBODY. The Norfolk Hawks, by trading only free agent pickups David Newhan, Dan Johnson and Matt Morris, acquire Todd Helton, the icon of the franchise basically since it's conception not too long ago, Cory Sullivan (some people sometimes call him Great Buck for no apparent reason), and Brian Fuentes (so much for LA, Brian). Not only that, but the Hawks somehow managed to vulture $990,900 [9909 P] from them as well. When you look back on the best trades ever, this should be right up there with the Twins' fleecing of the Giants' Joe Nathan, Boof Bonser and Francisco Liriano for only A.J. Pierzynski, who lasted one season with San Francisco and Babe Ruth for cash. We'll just have to see how much of a steal this really was on Opening Day.

-David Thorne

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:11 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

ONE GAME, ONE WIN
By Wyatt Hewitt
Senior Sports Correspondent
Norfolk, Va.

Everyone was still excited about the recent trade with the Rockies. Nevertheless, Helton, Fuentes and Sullivan still had to pack and get out of Denver without MUCH trouble.
That would delay them a couple days, and Opening Day started with the Hawks still Helton-less.
However, the game, hosted at STIHL Park, which was designed after PETCO Park in San Diego, turned out to be a thriller.
Scott Baker faced John Christianson, and though the box score didn't show it, both struggled.
Baker allowed 4 runs through 7 innings, but it could have been much worse if not for Carlos Gomez and some baserunning gaffes early on. Christianson loaded the bases in the 1st inning, then let a short pop-up (no more than 10 feet high) bonk him on the head as a run scored.

Somehow he got out of the jam, though, and ended up allowing 3 runs in 6 innings, a quality start (technically).
Some small ball got the Hawks in front early 3-1, and a Will Clark home run to left-center in the 4th put them up 4-1.
But the Twins charged back, posting 2 runs in the 6th before recording the third out.
Lee Swan was called in to pitch the 7th and 8th, and allowed 2 hits. Pat Neshek pitched a perfect 8th for the Twins, and the ninth inning came up with the score 4-3 for the home team.
Everyone on the stadium was on the edge of their seats as rookie closer Pika Choo came on.

With his unusual looks and pitching motion, fans weren't sure about him being their closer, but he soon proved everybody wrong. He struck out the first two batters in 7 pitches, but then came Joe Mauer, who for once in his career was NOT hitting above .300. After 4 pitches, Choo launched a 101 mph fastball low and away. Mauer swung and connected.

The drive was headed straight at Will Clark, the third baseman. He backed up, got the ball on one bounce, and fired to first all in one swift motion, though the throw wasn't his best. Guy Person had a tough scoop to make, but he made it, and Mauer was out by a half step at most.

At least we know they're not going to be THAT bad, right?

-David Thorne