Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Alaska Ice Wolves Season Log
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:21 pm 
Intimidator
Intimidator

Favorite Team: Yankees
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
Alaska Post
April 12, 2008

Roster Moves Help Depleted Bullpen
Anchorage-- After a 16 Inning game yesterday, the Ice Wolves need help for a depleted bullpen. Coming to the major leagues will be Conrad, Padgett, Kuzmic, and Elder. Ruan, Bonilla, Veras, and Halter have been sent down to Triple-A Fairbanks. When asked on the subject, Power Pros 27 said "I have complete confidence in these relievers. The only reason I sent them down was because they have tired arms right now, and our bullpen needs some depth at the moment."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:38 am 
Intimidator
Intimidator

Alaska Post
Baltimore Orioles (5-5) @ Alaska Ice Wolves (1-9)
April 12, 2008

Bullpen Gives Up Game Yet Again
Anchorage-- "It's frustrating. It really is. How can your team win games if the bullpen keeps blowing rare opportunities to win the game?" Those were the words of Ronald Miller, manager of the Ice Wolves, after an 8-6 loss to the Baltimore Orioles. Newly called up pitcher Conrad was called up to help a bullpen that was depleted after a 16 inning game yesterday, and was rocked for 4 runs (3 earned) in just one-third of an inning. He was immediately sent back down to Triple-A following the game. "I would send myself down too" he said before packing his bags to fly to Fairbanks. "I have no excuses." The scoring started in the top of the first, when Fussell let yet another passed ball go by him, allowing Melvin Mora to score. However, the Ice Wolves jumped on Jeremy Guthrie with six straight singles to start the game, including 2 RBI singles by Garrett House and Fussell, to give the Ice Wolves a 4-1 lead. The game looked like a sure win. But the Orioles were not about to let that happen. Kevin Millar lined a two-run single off Clippard after a passed ball by Fussell. "I need to work on that" he said after the game. "It cost my team a win today." However, Fussell made up for it with a two-run single to extend their lead to 6-3. Luke Scott homered for the second straight game, as Conrad came on to pitch the 8th with a 6-4 lead. He gave it up. Millar got an RBI single and Roberts got an RBI double to tie the game, and a passed ball and RBI double by Mora finished off an 8-6 win.

Final Score:
Orioles: 8
Ice Wolves: 6

WP- Albers (1-0)| LP- Conrad (0-1)| SV- F. Cabrera (4)
HR: Scott (2)

Guthrie: 5 IP, 10 H, 6 ER, 2 K
Roberts: 2-5, 2B, 2 R, RBI, SO
Mora: 3-6, 2B, RBI, SB
Scott: 2-3, HR, RBI, BB, SO
Millar: 3-4, 3 RBI

Clippard: 4.1 IP, 8 H, 2 ER, 6 K
House: 2-5, R, 2 RBI
Fussell: 2-4, 4 RBI, SO

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:38 pm 
Intimidator
Intimidator

Alaska Post
Baltimore Orioles (6-5) @ Alaska Ice Wolves (1-10)
April 13, 2008

Ice Wolves Find Unlikely Hero, Walk-Off Versus Orioles
Anchorage-- Sandberg looked around. Two outs. Runners on first and second. He was hitting .205 and was the only hitter not to have a hit in the game for the Ice Wolves. And an 0-2 count. He lined a walk-off single. "I was thinking: I'm tired of this" said Sandberg. "It really grinded my gonzalez to see our team struggle." He was subsequently drenched by Leon with Gatorade. It was the second Ice Wolves win of the season, and it snapped an 8-game losing streak. Everyone seemed ecstatic going into their first day off of the season. The scoring started in the bottom of the third, when Garrett House hit a two-run single to give the Ice Wolves a 2-0 lead. Huff got an RBI single to cut the lead to 2-1. With two outs in the top of the 9th, Padgett (Veras left with elbow pains) gave up a single to Huff to tie the game at 2, another blown save for a disappointing bullpen this season. With two outs and Danys Baez on the mound, Fussell and Leon singled before Sandberg got a walk-off single. "I don't think I've ever been happier in my life" he said.

Final Score:
Orioles: 2
Ice Wolves: 3

WP- Padgett (1-0)| LP- Baez (0-2)| SV: None
HR: None

Burres: 4 IP, 5 H, 2 ER, 2 K
Huff: 2-4, 2 RBI, SO

Veras: 7.1, 4 H, 1 ER, 6 K
House: 1-4, 2 RBI, 2 SO
Sandberg: 1-4, RBI (Player of the Game)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:28 pm 
Intimidator
Intimidator

American League Players of the Week:
Manny Ramirez- Red Sox: .480, 5 HR, 10 RBIs
Mark Ellis- Athletics: .429, 2 HR, 13 RBIs

National League Players of the Week:
Aaron Cook- Rockies: 2 W, 0 SV, ERA 1.20, K 19
Matt Cain- Giants: 2 W, 0 SV, ERA 1.08, K 16

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:45 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Blue Jays
Console '07: Don't Own
Power Pros 27 wrote:
It really grinded my gonzalez

lol

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:10 pm 
Intimidator
Intimidator

Alaska Post
Tampa Bay Rays (7-5) @ Alaska Ice Wolves (2-10)
April 15, 2008

Alaska Ice Wolves Can't Find Offense, Fall to Rays
Anchorage-- Szuminski wasn't afraid to show that he was a bit frustrated with the way his team is performing. "Nobody expects to be 0-3 when their ERA is 3.54" he said. The Ice Wolves are 2-11 because of a lack of offense and a terrible bullpen. "We desperately need help" said Ronald Miller. All three runs came in the 1st off Szuminski. He held the Rays in check for the rest of the game, however, pitching 7.2 innings. The only run for the Ice Wolves came on a Sandberg single. "If we don't pick it up, well, I don't know what will happen" Miller said.

Final Score:
Rays: 3
Ice Wolves: 1

WP- E. Jackson (1-2)| LP- Szuminski (0-3)| SV- Wheeler (4)

Jackson: 7 IP, 8 H, 1 ER, 6 K
Upton: 1-3, SH, SB, RBI, SO
Longoria: 1-4, 2 RBI, 3 SO

Szuminski: 7.2, 5 H, 3 ER, 11 K
Sandberg: 2-4, RBI, SO

Last edited by Power Pros 27 on Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:01 pm 
Intimidator
Intimidator

Alaska Post
Tampa Bay Rays (8-5) @ Alaska Ice Wolves (2-11)
April 16, 2008

Duff Loses Game In 15th, Offense Falters
Anchorage-- It was a familiar sight. Duff had come on, and ruined great outings by Riley, Padgett, and Elder (who took the loss.) One thing was different, however. Duff was packing his bags to fly to Fairbanks. "I deserve it" he said. "I haven't pitched well, and hopefully I can improve." GM Power Pros said on the matter "He needs a clean slate of mind, and a bit of rest. We have pitched him a lot." Duff was probably unfairly blamed, however. It's not hard to see the glaring problem- the offense. "The way we were performing, we were going to lose anyway" said Team Captain Garrett House. "I didn't set the right example." House went 0-6 with 4 strikeouts. "Riley and Shields were on their games tonight" said Ronald Miller. "It was a battle of the bullpens, and they pitched a little better than us." Riley pitched 8.1 innings of shutout ball (including 8 strikeouts to add to his major league leading 34), while Shields pitched 9.1 innings. "They both deserved wins" Miller said. Elder, who had pitched great up until that point, gave up two singles with two outs. The Ice Wolves relied on Duff, with his sinker, to escape the jam. He couldn't, as B.J. Upton got an RBI single to give the Rays a 1-0 lead. Dan Wheeler retired the Ice Wolves 1-2-3 as the Rays won 1-0.

Final Score:
Rays: 1
Ice Wolves: 0
F/15

WP- Percival (1-0)| LP- Elder (0-1)| SV: Wheeler (5)

Shields: 9.1 IP, 9 H, 0 ER, 13 K
Upton: 3-7, RBI, SO

Riley: 8.1 IP, 3 H, 0 ER, 8 K
Bouknight: 1-6, 2 GDP, SO
House: 0-6, 4 SO

Last edited by Power Pros 27 on Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:28 pm 
Intimidator
Intimidator

Alaska Post
Tampa Bays Rays (9-5) @ Alaska Ice Wolves (2-12)
April 17, 2008

Ice Wolves Mount Comeback, But Fall Short to Rays
Anchorage-- Despite being down 4-0, the Ice Wolves got two runs off Andy Sonnastine in the 9th. With two on, Pinch Hitter Arteaga popped out to the catcher in foul territory. Leon was asked on being pulled by Ronald Miller in favor for Arteaga, and said "I'm not disappointed, Arteaga is a very good bat in our lineup, and deserves a shot. In fact, had we had not signed Garrett House, we would have installed him at third base." Once again, the Ice Wolves were complete gamed by Andy Sonnastine. "I don't know what's his secret, but he does pretty well against us" said Ronald Miller. Ice Wolves starter Abraham had another poor day on the mound, giving up 4 runs in 4.1 innings while scattering 8 hits. Elder came on in relief and pitched 4.2 innings of 0 run ball, lowering his ERA to 0.96. The Ice Wolves, who had only scored 1 run all series, got 2 runs in the bottom of the 9th. Christian, Bouknight, and Tovar singled to close the lead to 3, and with two outs, another run scored on a passed ball. Arteaga came up and popped out to the catcher with runners on the corners. "We need to prepare for our 7 game series against Baltimore" said Power Pros 27, before boarding the team's flight. "Who knows what they were smoking when they made the schedule?" said Ronald Miller. Miller has been fined $1,500 dollars by the MLB for his comments.

Final Score:
Rays: 4
Ice Wolves: 2

WP- Sonnastine (3-0)| LP- Abraham (0-2)| SV: None

Sonnastine: 9 IP, 6 H, 2 ER, 12 K
Upton: 1-4, 3 SO
Longoria: 1-4, 2 RBI
Bartlett: 2-3, 2B, BB, RBI

Abraham: 4.1 IP, 8 H, 4 ER, 7 K
Tovar: 2-4, RBI, SO
House: 2-4

Post subject: Re: Alaska Ice Wolves | Breaking the Ice
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:24 pm 
Intimidator
Intimidator

Alaska Post
Alaska Ice Wolves (2-13) @ Baltimore Orioles (6-9)
April 18, 2008

Ice Wolves Mount Amazing Comeback, Win In Extras
Baltimore-- Another game looked all but lost. "I would be lying to you if I wasn't thinking of what I was going to do back at the team hotel" said Garrett House, the Player of the Game. "It's amazing we came through." The Ice Wolves have made several comebacks this season so far, but have trouble finishing them off. "This was different" said Ronald Miller. "We played with our hearts today." The Orioles got things started in the bottom of the first off starter Gautreau, when Aubrey Huff singled in a run to give the Orioles a 1-0 lead. The game was held scoreless until Jay Payton got an RBI double in the bottom of the 8th. In the top of the 9th, Daniel Cabrera, who was pitching a Shutout with only one out left to go, gave up a single to Fussell. Leon followed with an RBI double into Left-Center Field to cut the lead to 2-1. Sandberg, who has been clutch all year, singled Leon home to tie the game at 2. In the top of the 10th, Danys Baez came on, and after getting Christian to strikeout, Bouknight and Tovar singled, and then Garrett House, who was 0-4 up until that point, got an RBI single. A passed ball scored Tovar to extend their lead to 4-2. In the bottom of the 10th, with Padgett pitching, after giving up two straight singles, got two straight outs before inducing Ramon Hernandez to ground out to Shortstop with runners on the corners to win the game. "Never count us out" said House

Final Score:
Ice Wolves: 4
F/10

WP- Padgett (2-0)| LP- Baez (0-3)| SV: None

Gautreau: 4 IP, 6 H, 1 ER, 2 K
House: 1-5, RBI, 2 SO (Player of the Game)
Leon: 1-4, 2B, RBI
Sandberg: 2-4, RBI

Cabrera: 9 IP, 9 H, 2 ER, 8 K
Huff: 3-5, R, RBI, SO
Payton: 3-5, 2B, RBI, 2 SO

Post subject: Re: Breaking the Ice | Alaska Ice Wolves
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:16 pm 
Intimidator
Intimidator

Alaska Post
Alaska Ice Wolves (3-13) @ Baltimore Orioles (6-10)
April 19, 2008

Shaky Bullpen Blows Save, Lose on Markakis Walk-Off
Baltimore-- It was an all-too familiar sight. Ice Wolves up 3-1. Man on first with two out in the 9th. Bourgeois pitching. An 0-2 count on Kevin Millar. And Millar homers. "I was thinking of putting Hampson in, but I was like, it's just one out. And a home run is unlikely." Those were the words of Ronald Miller. And keeping Bourgeois in came right back to bite him, with the Millar homer and Markakis hitting a walk-off RBI single. Another game so close in reach. "I gave him a couple of good breaking balls, but then I gave him a two-seam fastball" said Bourgeois. "Problem is, it was right down the middle." The Ice Wolves got things started in the top of the first off Orioles starter Brian Burres, when Christian doubled, Bouknight singled, and Garrett House drove in a run with an RBI single. Bouknight got an RBI single in the top of the second to give the Ice Wolves a 2-0 lead. Arellano and Fussell hit back-to-back doubles to extend the lead to 3-0. The game looked out of reach, especially after an amazing play by Christian at Shortstop. With a runner on third and 2 outs, Nick Markakis hit a foul popup on the third base side, but was just out of reach of third baseman Garrett House. It looked like it would come back to smack them in the face when Markakis hit a grounder into the hole, but Christian made an amazing backhand and fired to first for the out. Brian Roberts got an RBI single in the 8th for the only run of the day against Clippard, who really deserves the win. Aubrey Huff doubled to lead off the 9th, but after two outs, Millar hit the two-run shot. Hampson came on,and after closing out the 9th, gave up a single to Brian Roberts who promptly stole second. Markakis drove him in as the Orioles took the game 4-3.

Final Score:
Ice Wolves: 3
Orioles: 4

WP- Baez (1-3)| LP- Hampson (0-1)| SV: None
HR: Millar (4)

Clippard: 7.1 IP, 5 H, 1 ER, 6 K
Bouknight: 3-5, RBI, SO
House: 2-5, RBI, SO
Fussell: 1-5, 2B, RBI, 3 SO

Burres: 2.2 IP, 6 H, 2 ER, 5 K
Roberts: 2-5, R, RBI, SB, 2 SO
Markakis: 1-5, RBI, 3 SO
Millar: 1-4, HR, 2 RBI

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:10 pm 
Intimidator
Intimidator

Alaska Post
Alaska Ice Wolves (3-14) @ Baltimore Orioles (7-10)
April 20, 2008

Ice Wolves Offense Proves Clutch In Comeback Win
Baltimore-- Three of the Ice Wolves four wins have come on comebacks. The only other win came on a Walk-Off. "We sure rally, and it shows great mental toughness" said Fussell, the player of the game. "It's a rare attribute, especially with a team full of young guys." The team rallied off a tiring Jeremy Guthrie, who was three outs away from a complete game, to beat the Orioles 4-3. "I feel that if our bullpen was consistent, we would have a pretty good record" said manager Ronald Miller. "But I'm glad we won today." The Orioles got things started in the bottom of the 4th, when Jay Payton got an RBI single. With runners on first and second, Ramon Hernandez hit a line drive, but Garrett House jumped up, and although he didn't catch it, it saved a run. The next batter, Luis Hernandez, hit a groundball into the third base- shortstop hole. House dove, the ball bounced off his glove, and Christian picked it up and fired to first for the out. These two plays saved several runs, and ultimately, the game. In the top of the fifth, Fussell doubled and Sparks singled him in to tie the game at one. Veras got elbow pains for the second straight game, but stayed in to give Aubrey Huff an RBI double. "He has a minor strain from too much work, but he should definitely be ready for his next start," said the Ice Wolves team doctor. Luke Scott got an RBI single off Hampson, which was charged to Veras. Hampson promptly held the Orioles offense scoreless until the top of the 9th, when the rally started. Bouknight and Tovar singled, and House doubled in a run to cut the lead to 3-2. Arellano drove in a run on a single to tie it, and Fussell got an RBI single to give the Ice Wolves a 4-3 lead. In the bottom of the 9th, Pickler struck out Brian Roberts to finish off the game.

Final Score:
Ice Wolves: 4
Orioles: 3

WP- Hampson (1-1)| LP- Guthrie (0-2)| SV: Pickler (1)

Veras: 4.2 IP, 7 H, 3 ER, 5 K
House: 1-4, 2B, R, RBI, SO
Arellano: 1-4, RBI
Fussell: 2-4, R, RBI (Player of the Game)
Sparks: 2-4, RBI, 2 SO

Guthrie: 9 IP, 9 H, 4 ER, 6 K
Huff: 2-4, 2B, R, RBI
Scott: 1-4, RBI, 2 SO
Payton: 1-4, RBI

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:34 pm 
Intimidator
Intimidator

American League Players of the Week:
Alex Rodriguez- Yankees: .625, 4 HR, 16 RBI
Edgar Reneria- Tigers: .571, 4 HR, 16 RBI

National League Players of the Week:
Kaz Matsui- Astros: .464, 3 HR, 14 RBI
Albert Pujols- Cardinals: .450, 4 HR, 9 RBI

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:07 pm 
Intimidator
Intimidator

Alaska Post
April 21, 2008

Division Rival Yankees Make Blockbuster Trade
Anchorage-- The New York Yankees have acquired outfielder Shane Victorino (2DCBFCC Spray Hitter, Gd IF HTR, Throwing 4, Stealing 4, 2nd Position 2, Consistency 2, Agressive Fielder, Pr Day Game, Gd Rain) from the Phillies in exchange for third baseman Wilson Betemit (3ECCDDE Clutch Hit 5, Spray Hitter, Slap Hitter, Agressive Hitter, and Pr Rain). The trade is seen by experts as a vote of no confidence in Melky Cabrera (.182, 0, 3) and Pedro Feliz (.226, 0, 3).

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:43 pm 
Intimidator
Intimidator

Alaska Post
Alaska Ice Wolves (4-14) @ Baltimore Orioles (7-11)
April 21, 2008

Lack off Offense Hurts Ice Wolves
Baltimore-- Szuminski, the Ice Wolves ace, has an ERA of 3.33. So what, you say? His record is a disaster- 0-4 in 4 starts. "He statistically is the unluckiest started in baseball, according to our Luck stat" said an Ice Wolves scout. Another reason for his terrible record could be related to him having trouble in the first two innings- an ERA of 6.75. "I'm not going to pinpoint the problem, I'm just going to go out there and throw the baseball" said Szuminski. Arellano started the scoring by doubling off Brian Burres- his second start in three games. However, Szuminski gave that lead back up by giving up 2 runs on four hits (including RBI singles by Melvin Mora and Luke Scott) to give the Orioles a 2-1 lead. The Ice Wolves didn't get any offense until the top of the 8th, when Bouknight and Tovar singled to lead off the inning. However, Garrett House struck out, Arellano lined out to second, and then Danys Baez got Fussell to strikeout. With a runner on second and two outs in the top of the 9th, Fernando Cabrera got Christian to strikeout to end a 2-1 Orioles win.

Final Score:
Ice Wolves: 1

WP- Sherrill (1-1)| LP- Szuminski (0-4)| SV: F. Cabrera (4)

Szuminski: 6.2 IP, 9 H, 2 ER, 4 K
Bouknight: 2-4, R, SB, SO
Tovar: 3-4
Arellano: 3-4, 2 2B, RBI

Burres: 3 IP, 6 H, 1 ER, 4 K
Mora: 3-4, R, RBI, CS
Scott: 1-4, RBI, SO

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:14 pm 
Intimidator
Intimidator

Alaska Post
Alaska Ice Wolves (4-15) @ Baltimore Orioles (8-11)
April 22, 2008

Riley Not Sharp in Worst Outing of the Year
Baltimore-- "I can't be good in every start" said Riley, the Ice Wolves starting pitcher in a 5-0 loss. "Every season is like a roller coaster." He allowed 4 runs on 8 hits in 4.2 innings pitched. "The offense didn't look too great either" said manager Ronald Miller. The scoring started in the bottom of the 2nd, when Luis Hernandez and Brian Roberts hit back-to-back RBI singles to give the Orioles a 2-0 lead. Jay Payton and Kevin Millar got RBI singles in the bottom of the fourth, knocking out Riley down 4-0. Melvin Mora got an RBI double off Bonilla, who overall had a good outing, as the Ice Wolves fell at the hands (or wings) of the Orioles 5-0.

Final Score:
Ice Wolves: 0
Orioles: 5

WP- Traschel (2-1)| LP- Riley (0-1)| SV: None

Riley: 4.2 IP, 8 H, 4 ER, 6 K
Christian: 1-4, SO, 2 E
House: 2-4, GDP, SO

Traschel: 9 IP, 5 H, 0 ER, 9 K
Roberts: 2-5, RBI
Mora: 2-5, 2 2B, RBI, 2 SO
Payton: 2-3, RBI
Millar: 1-3, BB, RBI
L. Hernandez: 2-4, R, RBI

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next