Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Posting:

* Individual players should be in their own thread, with the full name of the player and position(s) in the title. Don't add superlatives or any other shout outs to it... we will see your guys...
* If you post a team or a set of players, add players by editing your starting post so they're all in the same post. A bump to announce the edit is appropriate.
* Posting images are fine, provided they are small in dimension and data. 800x600 and ~50Kb should be the biggest you can post inline (using the [IMG] tag), anything larger, post a link or a clickable thumbnail instead.
* If you have wiki rights, add your player(s) and team(s) there as well!
-->

Post subject: Re: Kofu Eagles (PS2)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:12 am 
Ace
Ace

Favorite Team: Cubs
Console '07: Sony PS2
Console '08: Sony PS2
Chief wrote:
Hey at least season mode will be tough.

Yeah, and that's the main reason I wanted to make this team. Season mode was always too easy for me, no matter who I used. I'm thinking about putting a cap on the amount of upgrades a player can get during the season so my team doesn't just become amazing after the first year or two.

lanceberkman wrote:
Wow you're really going at it. I've only made 4 players this year because it gets pretty boring after a few rounds.

After these last 8 players I make I'll probably be done with success mode also, I've made about 45-48 players already and still have some more to make so I'll probably be burnt out on success mode after this.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:03 pm 
Ace
Ace

Here's 4 more minor league fielders

Rod Napier 23 years old
avg HR RBI
Favorite Team:
1B L/L
Trj- 3
Con- 2
Pwr- 75
Spd- 4
A Str- 5
Fld- 5

E Res- 7
Power Hitter

Bob Barnes 21 years old
avg HR RBI
Favorite Team:
C S/R
Trj- 2
Con- 2
Pwr- 85
Spd- 5
A Str- 9
Fld- 7
E Res- 6

Good Catcher

Miguel Wito 19 years old
avg HR RBI
Favorite Team:
RF L/L
Trj- 2
Con- 1
Pwr- 97
Spd- 6

A Str- 10
Fld- 6
E Res- 5

Big time prospect
Ramiro Hughes 20 years old
avg HR RBI
Favorite Team:
2B R/R
Trj- 2
Con- 4
Pwr- 95
Spd- 12
A Str- 8
Fld- 9
E Res- 8

Contact Hitter
Power Hitter

Also, I played my first game with the Kofu Eagles tonight, it was just an exhibition so I can try to find the right level to play on so it's not impossibly hard or extremely easy. I won 4-1 against the Oakland Athletics(I'm thinking about being in the AL West).
The veteran T.J. Stevenson went 2-4 and knocked in 2 runs. David Stenson and Raul Sanchez knocked in 1 run each. My ace, Vince Mason, dominated throwing a complete game, striking out 12 while only allowing 1 run.

Edit: Here's the line
...............R..H..E
Eagles.......4..7..0
Athletics....1..5..1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:48 pm 
Ace
Ace

Well, I wanted to write back stories for some of my players, and I have the time right now to do it so here it goes.

Isaac Quest CF/2B
Isaac Quest was drafted by the blue jays out of high school, he decided not to go to college and work on his hitting mechanics. He soon after found out it was hard to learn on the fly, having dissapointing years in the minor leagues. He had all the tools except hitting, he is an excellent fielder and runs at the speed of light. Unfortunitely for him, that won't get him anywhere in this league besides a bench spot. He was released from the blue jays after the 2007 year and there were a few teams that had intrest in him, but none of the teams had opening starting spots at center field or second base. He decided to sign with the Kofu Eagles because he wanted a chance to start and a chance to prove himself.

Raul Sanchez SS
Sanchez was one of the best prospects in Venezuala and looked to be guarenteed a big signing bonus if signed by an MLB team. The IF there is very important, because he has always been a shortstop his whole life, which isn't normal for anyone that throws left handed, and refused to move from the position. No team was willing to give him a big signing bonus unless he agreed to move to an outfield position. The Eagles decided to swoop in and get him before any team cracked and decided to give him a shot, they weren't going to pass up such a great talent since they didn't have a shortstop there was nothing to lose from having a left handed shortstop.

David Stenson
Stenson was brought up through the Mets organization, and was ready to start last year at only age 20. There was a big conflict there, because David Wright had the 3rd base position locked up. They tried him out at 2nd base last year but he was just a butcher out there at second. During the off season the Mets tried to shop him around, but couldn't take any finders for the price they were asking for him. As spring training grew closer the Eagles made an interesting offer, they wanted to send 20 million dollars to the mets for Stenson. The mets were intrigued, but asked for 30 million dollars. The two teams ended up settling for around 28.5 Million dollars. He has tramendous upside and is a really good player at the age of 21, the Eagles are looking to lock him up long term.

Barry Jennings
Jennings was a suprise coming out of Cal State Fullerton, he wasn't a highly touted prospect until college. Everyone knew that he had some power, but questioned whether he could take a walk or get many base hits. The Angels decided to gamble on him and drafted him in the 3rd round in 2004, after his senior year. He shot up through the farm system, but was one step behind Casey Cotchman. He was stuck in AAA for 2 years, and finally got a shot in 2007. He had a horrendous average and barely drew any walks, but mashed 21 homeruns. He held out of spring training in 2008 because he refused to play unless he was the starter at first base. He was released by the Angels because he refused to play, but the Angels got his signing bonus back from him. He signed with the Kofu Eagles because he knew he could start there, but it's a mystery wheter or not he'll keep his average up above the mendoza line but looks to be a lock for 20+ homeruns each year.

T.J. Stevenson
This veteran left fielder spent his entire career with the Chicago White Sox. He was a two time MVP and one time home run leader with 57 home runs. He came down with a bad hamstring injury last year near the end of the season and everyone thought he was done for his career. Being 36 years old and having a bad injury like that can end a lot of peoples career easily, but he was determined to play 2-4 more years. The Eagles were the only team to offer him a contract, he declined at first but as spring came closer still no one was impressed by his progress so he reluctantly signed with the Eagles. He hopes to have another shot at a champoinship, but the chances are slim here in Kofu.

Alex Trent
A one time #1 prospect in the Yankee farm system. At age 24 there's still hope, but hasn't turned out quite the way he was projected to. He had plenty of carachter issues, getting in fights with teamates all the time, and show lackluster effort on the diamond, the Yankees cut him loose during the 2006 season. He had a brief stint with the Chicago Cubs, but was released shortly after signed because he had not changed his ways. It looked as if his Major League days were over, and he signed with an independant team. He played with the independant team all year last year, and didn't have a great year. He then heard about the new expansion team, and worked out for them a couple times. The Eagles weren't optomistic about him at first, but they thought he had finally turned it around so they signed him. He still has some character issues that need to be worked out, but the Eagles are willing to work the growing pain out.

Ted Welborn
This one time batting champion still has the passion for the game, but doesn't have the skill left. At least that's what the 30 major league teams thought, so he was quick to sign with the Kofu Eagles after they were announced eager to show that he's still got some gas in the tank.

Vince Mason
This 31 year old righty won the cy young 3 times in his short career with the Arizona Diamonbacks. He elected for free agency after the 2005 season, at the age of 28. He wanted to spend time with his family and said he didn't have the passion for the game anymore after having lots of elbow troubles during the 2005 season. He finally got the will to pitch again, and had lots of teams trying to sign him. He didn't go for the highest offer because he was very intrigued about the new expansion team. He liked how the team was built and really thought they had a chance to compete in the years to come, so he signed with the Eagles. He looks to be there Ace for years to come(as long as he doesn't quit on us).

Danny Denver
This 27 year old lefty had an amazing rookie season in 2001, but in 2002 he had to have tommy john surgery and looked to be done for his career. He was released by the royals in 2004 because they didn't think he had any shot of coming back, neither did the doctors. The reason for the injury seemed to be the royals overusing him at such a young age. He has been rehabbing for the past 5 years trying to come back from this horrible injury. In the winter of 2007 he said he was ready to pitch again, but no team offered him a mojor league contract, only minor league contracts. The Eagles didn't ave many pitchers so they decided to take a chance on him, and gave him a major league contract. He has lost 5 mph off of his fastball and his pitches have become much less effective, he even had to scrap his best pitch, the screwball because of the pain it caused him while throwing it. He may not be a sure fire thing, but maybe he can gain some of that magic back that he used to posses.

Carl Coffin
This kid was a "diamond in the rough". He was formerly known as Derrick Jacobs, and one of the best prospects in the game until he vanished into thin air. No one knew what happened to him, he just never reported to the Athletics spring training in 2004. He looked to have a good shot at chasing Huston Street from the closer positon, but he never got the chance to. Some family members said the pressure got to be too much, which isn't suprising since he was only 19 years old at that time. He was scouted by the Eagles in an independant league, and was approached by their GM after one of his games. At first he declined and said he couldn't face the public again because of what he did. The Eagles agreed not to tell anyone about him, and agreed to stop scouting him because he would not play in the MLB again. Well, sometime close to spring training the Eagles GM got a call from him, saying he talked with his whole family about it and he had decided to play as long as the offer was still open.