Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Posting:

* Individual players should be in their own thread, with the full name of the player and position(s) in the title. Don't add superlatives or any other shout outs to it... we will see your guys...
* If you post a team or a set of players, add players by editing your starting post so they're all in the same post. A bump to announce the edit is appropriate.
* Posting images are fine, provided they are small in dimension and data. 800x600 and ~50Kb should be the biggest you can post inline (using the [IMG] tag), anything larger, post a link or a clickable thumbnail instead.
* If you have wiki rights, add your player(s) and team(s) there as well!
-->

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Simply the best GYROBALLER!!! Well he ain't bad
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:36 am 
AAA Starter
AAA Starter

Favorite Team: Angels
Console '07: Sony PS2
Console '08: Sony PS2
Walter Johnson historical player... I took the liberty of updating his pitches

Attachment:
photo(11).jpg
photo(11).jpg [ 163.86 KiB | Viewed 4861 times ]
Attachment:
photo(10).jpg
photo(10).jpg [ 130.87 KiB | Viewed 4860 times ]
Attachment:
photo(12).jpg
photo(12).jpg [ 159.4 KiB | Viewed 4861 times ]

Post subject: Re: Simply the best GYROBALLER!!! Well he ain't bad
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:29 pm 
Starter
Starter

Favorite Team: Giants
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Yeah hes really good, but why did you create two topics for one player?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:56 pm 
AAA Starter
AAA Starter

SlimPickens wrote:
Yeah hes really good, but why did you create two topics for one player?

One was for general discussion the other was for password exchange. Two very different reasons to post. One was for anyone just browsing password exchange looking to add a character. The other posting was created to share how I made him for anyone interested in making their own gyroballer.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:11 pm 
Starter
Starter

The tips on how you made him in the other post are pretty helpful. Too bad I dont have the PS3 version, he looks like a fun player to use. How does that original pitch break? I used sinker with more break on one pitcher, and even though its an opposite break pitch (throws left, breaks right) it breaks so hard that it literally almost breaks from one side of the zone to the other, and has a wicked drop to it as well. I cant imagine how powerful that would be when you also have a 105 mph gyro fastball to play it off of.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:28 pm 
AAA Starter
AAA Starter

SlimPickens wrote:
The tips on how you made him in the other post are pretty helpful. Too bad I dont have the PS3 version, he looks like a fun player to use. How does that original pitch break? I used sinker with more break on one pitcher, and even though its an opposite break pitch (throws left, breaks right) it breaks so hard that it literally almost breaks from one side of the zone to the other, and has a wicked drop to it as well. I cant imagine how powerful that would be when you also have a 105 mph gyro fastball to play it off of.

When you make a player are you basically only supposed to put it up on password exchange? Should I transfer the info over and delete one of the threads?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:48 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Astros
Yeah you can put it up in PW exchange and everyone can discuss your guy there. Thank you for another great player :).

http://s141.photobucket.com/albums/r62/namster1337/
My success players PW's

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:05 pm 
AAA Starter
AAA Starter

Sparkplug15 wrote:
One question.....how??? :shock:
Bummer it is for the PS2

Okay well the thing is... I am not very good at actually using the players but making them seems to be another story. This is why I look for advice on what qualities good players need. What pitches or abilities etc.

So for anyone who is interested in making their own gyro pitcher I will try to explain what I do... its simple really.
Formula...

1. I don't waste my time on arcs that aren't going to boost my player significantly.
2. I try to start the Patty arc ASAP not caring about using her and Ben to regain vitality.
3. I make sure to get Jaw the PI so I can get money and toys. The money I earn from him I use to buy around 6 glove waxes.
4. Sittch is the one side arc I complete and I usually only go through the first couple of practices during the first year.
5. The second year is when stats and abilities are gained.

***What to do the first year***
During the Patty arc you can obtain the gamblers ring by giving her the giant stuffed animal during Christmas. Do not worry about saving and loading early on in hopes of obtaining the gamblers ring. Instead do the weight and control practices. By focusing on control, stamina, and Patty's likeness you cancel out most of the benefits of obtaining the gamblers ring early on. You don't need the gamblers ring to increase these stats (stamina and control) as they are easily done through practice and games. So basically you will save a lot of time and effort by waiting for Christmas to get the ring. This formula helps to focus you on building up your pitcher in a strategic manner. Just think Patty, Games, Stamina, and Control...

**Increasing abilities and pitch levels is where the gamblers ring provides the greatest amount of benefit. Since you know you will get it for Christmas you can wait on increasing pitch levels and speed until then. With my first gyroballer I missed the first 3 games of the second year because I was worried about too many things. By following the year one formula I didn't miss any games while making this character. With the gamblers ring during year two you can basically boost your pitch levels after every practice. So once you pass Patty's arc early the second year you are set for really boosting up your player.

Oh yeah I'm not sure if this happens with everyone but it's the first time I didn't have to pitch during 3 games. Probably just luck... so that was 3 NO-NO's.

-Date Patty a lot
-Practice Control and Stamina
-Buy the Romance Necklace
-Obtain at least 1 more pitch early on in the first year (I like the DCB) so you can be affective in games.
-Do well in games paying attention to your eval to make sure you will be a starter during the second year. Passing the scouts eval is basically automatic so you don't really need the princes necklace.
-Get the recovery necklace so you don't have to worry about going out all the time to fill vitality.
-Boost stats up the second year

If anyone does try using this player can you give me suggestions on what you think could have been done to improve him?

I tried using him on MLB life for a couple of games and the other team still makes decent contact. Does the computer AI track where you set up to pitch the ball? Should I be moving the cursor around more to throw off the batters?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:10 pm 
AAA Starter
AAA Starter

Longball714 wrote:
Not really, it's just that for some reason the AI hits level 7 pitches better than level 5/6 ones...

Wow thats interesting thanks for the info. If I ever do make another player maybe I will just add another pitch and keep them all at level 5.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:10 pm 
Starter
Starter

therisingsun wrote:
I tried using him on MLB life for a couple of games and the other team still makes decent contact. Does the computer AI track where you set up to pitch the ball? Should I be moving the cursor around more to throw off the batters?

I find moving the cursor rapidly when winding up helps against the AI as well as vs. a player.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]