Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Requests:
These rules are subject to change at any time. Remember, custom players take time to make just right.

* One player request per person at a time. No exceptions. Post ALL of the required information (name, position, appearance) and as much desired info as possible (desired abilities, stat levels).
* When your request is fulfilled, edit the title of the first post to say so. Make a link to the post if the completion post is deep in the thread.
* Wait a week before bumping an un-answered request. The few of us who are kind enough to offer our services are more than likely busy with other requests or our own players.
-->

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:02 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Yankees
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
I'd like to clarify something I completely gave false information on.

When converting pitches, it doesn't reset at 0, the upgrade just affects the switch, and the only negative is that it doesn't upgrade that one time.

So if you start with a level 5 slider, and try to upgrade it to a hard slider, it will finish as a level 5 hard slider, not level 6 or 1.

I got my originally false info from when I had only level 1 pitch, and when upgrading/converting, I had expected it to convert and upgrade a level. So I though, it reset to zero *before* moving back up to 1. Guess I was wrong.

"If a tie is like kissing your sister, losing is like kissing your grandmother with her teeth out."
~George Brett

"We don't need refs, but I guess white guys need something to do. "
~Charles Barkley

""I know Koufax's weakness. He can't hit."
~Whitey Ford

SSBB FC - 3437-3779-6679

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:27 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Hey DS, here's what Ryan is looking like at the end of year two...

Control 145, Stamina 90 (both exactly at mid-C, let me know if you want them higher)
Top Spd 85 (I'll bump him up to about 91?)

3 Slurve, 3 Knuck (although if you want me to convert it to something like a CChng let me know)
For your third pitch (breaking to the left or right) it looks like HSlider or HShutto. Let me know if you have a preference.

Gd Low Pitch, Gd Pickoff, Groundball P, Safe Pitch, W/RISP 4, Poise 4, Fastball Life 4, Release 4, Gd Reflexes

I figured I'd stop there on abilities because I'm not sure what would be too much, but let me know if you want anything added (short of Intimidator - Alvin stayed on the team)

If I hear from you today I should be able to finish him tonight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:11 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Mrsims, any plans for another super player?

Maybe a reliever with more level 7 pitches in all directions, and a few doubles? Or an all-star pitcher who's also an all-star hitter/catcher.

"If a tie is like kissing your sister, losing is like kissing your grandmother with her teeth out."
~George Brett

~Charles Barkley

~Whitey Ford

SSBB FC - 3437-3779-6679

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:03 pm 
General Manager
General Manager

Favorite Team: Braves
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
mrsims31 wrote:
Hey DS, here's what Ryan is looking like at the end of year two...

Control 145, Stamina 90 (both exactly at mid-C, let me know if you want them higher)
Top Spd 85 (I'll bump him up to about 91?)

3 Slurve, 3 Knuck (although if you want me to convert it to something like a CChng let me know)
For your third pitch (breaking to the left or right) it looks like HSlider or HShutto. Let me know if you have a preference.

Gd Low Pitch, Gd Pickoff, Groundball P, Safe Pitch, W/RISP 4, Poise 4, Fastball Life 4, Release 4, Gd Reflexes

I figured I'd stop there on abilities because I'm not sure what would be too much, but let me know if you want anything added (short of Intimidator - Alvin stayed on the team)

If I hear from you today I should be able to finish him tonight.

Sounds good so far man 8)

Control and Stamina look just fine. If you can bump the Top Speed to around 90 that would be great. If you need to spend points on another pitch make it a level 1 or 2 HSlider.

He sounds like he's about ready for the team, I just hope he doesn't cost too much :lol:

http://www.mlbppworld.com/wiki/index.php?title=Glenridge_Posse - Link to the passwords of 30 custom players on the Arrange Team GlenRidge Posse. Put 'em in as an expansion team next time you start a Season and see if you can beat them in the World Series :) This is for MLB Power Pros 2007 for the Wii

3DS XL Friend code for Pokeymans X: 2122-6212-5139

Minecraft! Contact me with your Minecraft login name to get Whitelisted.
Server address: mc.mlbppworld.com
Overworld map: http://mc.mlbppworld.com:8123

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:57 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Too many abilities? I asked if 5 was okay a few posts back and you replied with "a handful"....I guess a handful is five, duh :roll: .... for some reason I took it that you wanted a few more than that. If he ends up being too expensive I won't have a problem recreating him.

Last edited by mrsims31 on Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:09 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

J-Gao wrote:
...Or an all-star pitcher who's also an all-star hitter/catcher.

Hmmmm...... :wink:

I was intrigued with whether or not someone could do that but the amount of reloading would probably take longer then Gaia and Arteaga combined. :shock: They wouldn't be able to be maxed out either (you could probably max the stats, but the abilities would be tricky) I really don't know if I'll attempt it or not, but I've been thinking about it pretty hard lately....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:58 am 
3rd Base Coach
3rd Base Coach

Favorite Team: Astros
mrsims31 wrote:
J-Gao wrote:
...Or an all-star pitcher who's also an all-star hitter/catcher.

Hmmmm...... :wink:

I was intrigued with whether or not someone could do that but the amount of reloading would probably take longer then Gaia and Arteaga combined. :shock: They wouldn't be able to be maxed out either (you could probably max the stats, but the abilities would be tricky) I really don't know if I'll attempt it or not, but I've been thinking about it pretty hard lately....

I'd like to see that. Give it a shot and if it turns out well, post the password and I'll toss you some credits.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:26 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Well, one of the biggest concerns is time right now. I'm surprised I got Arteaga done as soon as I did. But really anybody can make an Arteaga or a Gaia, you just need to have patience with it. If someone were going to do a combo pitcher/hitter they'd have to roll a Genius, which is normally a time investment in itself (I think I was fortunate getting the two I made as easily as I did). Even then, getting every ability would be impossible. I guess I shouldn't be so picky, but I'm just looking at the limitations and if the time investment would be worth it.

For instance, after he pitches a game his fatigue will be down. You can't really expect to play him at his other position for 4 days until his next start. Would that even be possible? If not then I'd probably pass on creating him, because he would only be good for hitting or pitching, and not both. Is anyone using Babe Ruth this way? Has anyone run into any problems using him like this? I suppose you could use him as a reliever but that would kind of suck. I guess I just personally would prefer that he be a starter.

Marvin Card, J-Gao, anyone else who would like to see this done......make a case for a maxed combo player and I'll consider it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:27 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Ryan Winget

c(l)N AP> $M< h♪b ZaQ wPU
Tum vKB djV uJw ◎kJ ÷uY
Tbv %-I <eW TnI rvP DC<
sg♪ q÷g hBS pzP Vqj r%C
p÷♪ %=f W>Z xdq pcP kNT
XLi a=k th◎ uMo =Vh R(l)u
JBI k#f B±G (l)♪U zzJ y

(l) = lower-case L
I = upper-case i
# = not equals

I registered him in an existing season and he was 980 I think. If there's anything wrong with him let me know. Seriously, I don't mind remaking him if something needs changing.

Last edited by mrsims31 on Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:57 am 
3rd Base Coach
3rd Base Coach

Favorite Team: Astros
mrsims31 wrote:
Well, one of the biggest concerns is time right now. I'm surprised I got Arteaga done as soon as I did. But really anybody can make an Arteaga or a Gaia, you just need to have patience with it. If someone were going to do a combo pitcher/hitter they'd have to roll a Genius, which is normally a time investment in itself (I think I was fortunate getting the two I made as easily as I did). Even then, getting every ability would be impossible. I guess I shouldn't be so picky, but I'm just looking at the limitations and if the time investment would be worth it.

For instance, after he pitches a game his fatigue will be down. You can't really expect to play him at his other position for 4 days until his next start. Would that even be possible? If not then I'd probably pass on creating him, because he would only be good for hitting or pitching, and not both. Is anyone using Babe Ruth this way? Has anyone run into any problems using him like this? I suppose you could use him as a reliever but that would kind of suck. I guess I just personally would prefer that he be a starter.

Marvin Card, J-Gao, anyone else who would like to see this done......make a case for a maxed combo player and I'll consider it.

The abilities are not such an issue really, just what ever you could pick up along the story lines. It would be interesting to see if a combo player would reap double benefits of something Intimidator though. I mean, he could be a combo reliever/ infielder or something like that. Maybe give him 1 or 2 breaking balls in the 1-3 range, C stamina and D control, and then give him some decent hitting stats. That shouldn't be too hard, as most pitchers start out with decent stats for the fielding cats. Would just need to bump contact, power, and running speed. I really think it could be done. I almost went that route with T. Luke, but didn't because I didn't want the price on him to get too high.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:03 pm 
General Manager
General Manager

Favorite Team: Braves
Marvin Card wrote:
mrsims31 wrote:

The abilities are not such an issue really, just what ever you could pick up along the story lines. It would be interesting to see if a combo player would reap double benefits of something Intimidator though. I mean, he could be a combo reliever/ infielder or something like that. Maybe give him 1 or 2 breaking balls in the 1-3 range, C stamina and D control, and then give him some decent hitting stats. That shouldn't be too hard, as most pitchers start out with decent stats for the fielding cats. Would just need to bump contact, power, and running speed. I really think it could be done. I almost went that route with T. Luke, but didn't because I didn't want the price on him to get too high.

Thanks for the password, 980 is just fine

Edit: I can't seem to get the password working :(

http://www.mlbppworld.com/wiki/index.php?title=Glenridge_Posse - Link to the passwords of 30 custom players on the Arrange Team GlenRidge Posse. Put 'em in as an expansion team next time you start a Season and see if you can beat them in the World Series :) This is for MLB Power Pros 2007 for the Wii

3DS XL Friend code for Pokeymans X: 2122-6212-5139

Minecraft! Contact me with your Minecraft login name to get Whitelisted.
Server address: mc.mlbppworld.com
Overworld map: http://mc.mlbppworld.com:8123

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:10 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

For a combo pitcher and position player, you would have to make a reliever. After every start, unless your guy only goes for 6 innings, he has the gray, yawning icon. I think that's the worst one.

3rd year in season mode Roger Clemens.

.03 ERA. 286.1 IP 32-0 27 Shutouts 28 CG.
664 K, 2.32 K/IP, .04 OPP BA, .06 OPP SLG, .092 OPP OBP, 16.2 K/BB

Highest K/IP ever F. Hernandez 2.37!!

6th Year Posada-.534/.591/.762 405 H, 70 2B, 14 3B, 25 HR, 393 RBI, 2.39 BB/K, 91 SB, 1.353 OPS.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:19 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

yeah, but the worst icon is the green, flat one, because that means your injured.

~George Brett

~Charles Barkley

~Whitey Ford

SSBB FC - 3437-3779-6679

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:17 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Hey DS, It looks good compared to what I wrote down but I'll double-check it with the game.

Alright, the stupid game generated a new PW so I'll edit the one above to make it the new one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:51 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Marvin Card wrote:
mrsims31 wrote:

The stats you're suggesting would be fairly easy. Isn't the Babe Ruth that was made pretty good? I didn't load him up but I thought he was pretty decent. If I were going to make a combo player I don't want to make something someone else has already made, I want to go all out. A combo reliever/hitter doesn't seem worth it, at least to me he doesn't. (Not a big fan of relievers, does it show? :) ) Has anyone used Babe? I'll try to load him up and play a few games with him, but I'm gonna be pretty busy for awhile. I can't see me being able to do much over the rest of the week, so if someone has used him let me know how well it works.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next