Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

This forum is for specific discussion about American Football, or other close cousins such as the CFL. It includes all age groups, from junior-high to the NFL. This includes fantasy sports.
-->

Post subject: Arizona Cardinals - The Other Cardinal Way - Madden 07
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:04 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Brewers
Console '07: Don't Own
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
The Cardinals enter this 2006 season looking to improve on the 5-11 showcase from last year. Arizona has an impressive aerial attack, with QB Kurt Warner at the helm, throwing to one of the best receiving tandems in the league in Anquan Boldin and Larry Fitzgerald. Rookie TE Leonard Pope looked promising in training camp, and will also contribute. The signing of HB Edgerrin James in the off-season will definitely improve the ground attack, although the offensive line still has some holes to fill. And lastly, Matt Leinart, the Johnny Manziel of 10 years ago, was drafted by the Cardinals and will be looking for playing time.

The defense is in a bit rougher shape. The Cardinals will be switching to a 3-4 base this year, and franchise owner me wants to build a great defense here. A few pieces are already in place. DT Darnell Dockett, MLB Karlos Dansby, and SS Adrian Wilson are the leaders of the defense. However, there is definite room for improvement in the secondary and outside linebacker position.

Don't expect a roster to be posted or anything. Good luck to me.

Inaugural Member of the 10,000 Post Cult

Post subject: Re: Arizona Cardinals - The Other Cardinal Way - Madden 07
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:06 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Mets
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Wii and DS
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:13 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Angels
Awesome avatar LGM and well I wish I could say the same thing LGM is saying. Well who cares?!?! Eh... I am just so hyped for this!

Cleveland Browns : The Race For Last Place
2018 MLBPP Update

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:19 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

ARIZONA STINKS UP THE PRE-SEASON
The Cardinals lost every game of the pre-season, going 0-4. Apparently Kurt Warner did bad and Matt Leinart didn't, leading to Matt Leinart being named the Week 1 starter. Good luck to him!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CARDINALS TRADE WARNER
A day after naming Matt Leinart their new starting QB, the Cardinals traded Warner to the Browns for ROLB Kamerion Wimbley and a 3rd round draft pick. Matt Leinart must have been very impressive in the preseason and training camp, allowing the Cardinals to trade away their only competent backup quarterback. This only adds to the pressure on Leinart. Subsequently, Arizona signed QB Shaun King to a 1 year, $1.2 million deal to be the backup.

In other news, owner me is hoping that he can create new uniforms at the end of the season for the Cardinals, because I feel like I'm playing as a bunch of strawberries at home. I'd like to recreate the o'nes with the black jerseys.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:22 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

You are right about the uniforms they are ugly. Still, I don't like the Idea of Black. I don't like what it looks like with black.

2018 MLBPP Update

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:11 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

ImageSan Francisco 49ers(0-0) @ ImageArizona Cardinals (0-0)
Sept. 10- The Cardinals made up for their preseason woes in Week 1, dropping the Niners 27-20. A dominant 2nd quarter performance by the defense gave Arizona a big enough lead to make it a fairly comfortable game.

Arizona won the opening toss and deferred, giving the ball to San Francisco. A 3 & out gave the Cardinals the ball on their 27. Matt Leinart looked impressive on his first drive as the starter, completing 4-5 passes for 28 yards and rushing once for 7. The 13 play drive culminated with a 4 yard TD run by Edgerrin James, putting Arizona on top 7-0. San Francisco scored on the ensuing drive on a 28 yard field goal after being stuffed in the red zone, making it 7-3.

Leinart led another scoring drive on his second possession, going 74 yards in 9 plays, and taking the TD for himself on a 1 yard run. With 4:29 remaining in the 2nd quarter, Arizona led 14-3. Edgerrin James fumbled the next time they got the ball, unfortunately on his own 19 yard line, allowing the 49ers to walk into the end zone with a 12 yard pass from Alex Smith to rookie Vernon Davis. That's when things got ugly for San Francisco. Alex Smith threw interceptions on 3 consecutive possessions in the 2nd quarter; with 2:02 remaining by Antrel Rolle, and with 1:37 and just :10 by Karlos Dansby. The offense was unable to convert after Rolle's pick, but scored after both of Dansby's. A 16 yard pass from Leinart to Larry Fitzgerald with a minute remaining, and a 31 yard field goal by Neil Rackers with 6 seconds left to end the half put the Cardinals up comfortably, 24-10.

Arizona opened up the second half with a much more conservative approach, keeping the ball on the ground to hold their lead. The only score of the 3rd quarter came with 1:43 left, on another red zone field goal by the 49ers.

2 more Smith interceptions by Antrel Rolle and Eric Green in the early 4th quarter put San Fran in even worse shape. The Cardinals tacked on 3 more points on a 43 yarder from Rackers just before the 2 minute warning in the 4th quarter, taking a 27-13 lead. The Niners were able to score again with 1:38 left in the game on a 6 yard pass to Arnaz Battle, but didn't see the ball again as Arizona was able to run the clock out on the next possession.

The Cardinals have another early season divisional test in Week 2, as they travel to Seattle to take on the 0-1 Seahawks.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:16 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Forgot to mention a few things...
1. I'm playing on All-Pro
2. I'm using Ask Madden to pick my play every time, no matter how much his call goes against my better judgement
3. After the 2nd quarter, I decided that I'd always play as a defensive lineman on defense, to try to avoid intercepting another QB 3 times in a quarter. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:51 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

ImageArizona Cardinals(1-0) @ ImageSeattle Seahawks(0-1)

Sept. 17- This game was close all the way, but in the end, the Arizona defense just couldn't stop the Seahawks enough to come out with the W.

On his first pass attempt of the game in the 1st quarter, Matt Leinart was intercepted by Ken Hamlin on the Seattle 35 yard line. The Seahawks couldn't do anything with it on offense, and were forced to punt. Leinart came storming back on the next possession connecting with Larry Fitzgerald, who had a huge game, for a 57 yard strike to put the Cardinals up 7-0. The Seahawks outdid that on the next drive, as Darrell Jackson hauled in a 59 yard pass from Matt Hasselbeck to tie the game at 7-7.

Seattle beat the Arizona secondary again on the next drive, racking up 65 yards through the air on 9 plays, ending in a 10 yard TD pass to Nate Burleson. Trailing 7-14, Matt Leinart had the answer once again, marching the offense down the field in 10 plays and throwing his second TD of the day, this time to Anquan Boldin with 1:39 left to play in the half. The Cardinals were looking to take the lead entering halftime, and had the ball inside the red zone, but Leinart was again intercepted, this time by Michael Boulware, inside the end zone with 12 seconds left to nullify the scoring threat. The score would remain 14-14 at halftime.

The Cardinals' first drive of the 2nd half was going well until it was rudely ended by Marcus Trufant, who intercepted Matt Leinart's pass(his 3rd thrown INT of the day) and returned it 70 yards for a touchdown. Leinart once again led Arizona into Seattle territory on the next drive, sparked by a 55 yard pass to Fitzgerald, but Edgerrin James was stopped on 3 consecutive runs inside the 5 yard line, so Neil Rackers connected on the 20 yard field goal to make the score 17-21. After being blown up by the passing game in the first half, the Arizona defense was gashed by the run in the second. Shaun Alexander went 74 yards on 7 carries, ending the drive on a 3 yard touchdown run as time expired in the 3rd quarter. The Cardinals entered the 4th trailing 17-28. However, they weren't going down without a fight.

Once again, Leinart led the troops down the field, going 76 yards in 8 plays and scoring on a 40 yard pass to Larry Fitzgerald. A failed 2-point conversion put a damper on the score. On the first play of the next possession, Kamerion Wimbley picked off Matt Hasselbeck, and returned it to the Seattle 21 yard line, giving Arizona all of the momentum. Unfortunately, the offense could do nothing with the excellent field position and turned it over after going for it on 4th down and failing. When they next saw the ball, there was just 2:53 remaining in the game, and they still trailed 23-28. Matt Leinart ran a beautiful 2-minute offense, taking 12 plays and 1:40 off the clock to go 73 yards, scoring on a 15 yard 4th down completion to Troy Walters. Another failed 2-point attempt gave the team just a 1 point lead, at 29-28. Sadly, this tale does not have a happy ending. The Seahawks were able to move down the field and Josh Brown nailed a 49 yard field goal with 20 seconds left to win it for Seattle.

It was a day of mixed feeling for the Cardinals. Matt Leinart did great by rebounding from his 3 interceptions to throw for 2 touchdowns and help his team take the lead in the 4th quarter. The defense was less than stellar, however, and the running game for Arizona struggled again. Rushing plays were continually blown up by Seattle's front 7, leaving Edgerrin James with no room to run. Despite showing some promising signs, this team still has some improving to do.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:00 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

If you've read down this far, you must truly be desperate for some entertainment. Which game would you like to see me play next?

Week 3 vs. ImageRams(1-1)

Week 4 @ ImageFalcons(2-0)

Week 5 vs. ImageChiefs(1-1)

Week 6 vs. ImageBears(0-2)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:03 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

None of the above, sim to 2015 and play Johnny Football and the Browns

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:24 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

I like the way you think but no thanks

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:37 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

I vote for the Rams.

2018 MLBPP Update

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:18 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Okay is anyone else following this, cuz if not I'm wasting my time. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:25 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

BrewersFuzz wrote:
Okay is anyone else following this, cuz if not I'm wasting my time. :lol:
dude i love this log

i vote for the rams

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:14 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

ImageSt. Louis Rams(1-1) @ ImageArizona Cardinals (1-1)
Sept. 24- The Cardinals took sole possession of first place in the NFC West with a win over the Rams on this fine Sunday afternoon. The win also gave them a 2-1 record after the first run through of divisional games, putting them in good shape to win the division.

It was a low scoring affair, made evident by the scoreless 1st quarter. The teams traded punts a few times before the Rams were finally able to get a drive going, and ended the 1st quarter with the ball in the red zone.

This aforementioned drive included 9 passing plays and 0 rushing plays, which proved to be a fairly successful gameplan against our Cardinals. However, the drive stalled on the 11 yard line, leading to a 28 yard field goal for Jeff Wilkins which he knocked home to give St. Louis a 3-0 lead. Arizona responded with a balanced drive down the field, and took the 7-3 lead on a 6 yard touchdown pass to Anquan Boldin. The Rams were threatening in Arizona territory again before halftime, but an interception by team captain Adrian Wilson lead to the half ending with no further scoring. Interestingly, despite being one of the worst pass defenses in the league by yardage allowed, Arizona leads the NFL in interceptions.

It was a day of bending but not breaking for the Redbirds defense, as St. Louis was once again in the red zone in the middle of the 3rd quarter, with Arizona still clinging to a 7-3 lead. A huge sack by Chike Okeafor on 3rd and 5 from the 13 forced the Rams to kick another red zone field goal, from 37 yards out, to narrow the lead to 1 point.

The 4th quarter was a battle for field position, and after a great punt by Cardinals punter Scott Player to pin them at their 5 yard line, the defense once again came up with a huge stop to force a punt by the Rams inside their own 20 yard line. Starting the drive at their 40 yard line, the Cardinals were put into even better shape when Matt Leinart connected with Anquan Boldin again, for a 43 yard gain. After two good runs by Edgerrin James, Arizona went to him again and he hit pay dirt, scoring his 2nd TD of the season from 9 yards out on a well-blocked counter play. The Cardinals were feeling good with a 14-6 lead, and the defense fittingly sealed the win with another Adrian Wilson interception with under a minute remaining.

It was good to see the defense play so well, especially because of the Rams continued attack through the passing game. The run defense was very impressive, holding St. Louis to 25 yards on 11 carries. A couple of big interceptions and a critical sack were what won us this game. A telling statistic is the Rams going 2/10 on 3rd down conversions.