Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

This forum is for specific discussion about any sport that doesn't belong in the Baseball, Football or Basketball subforums. This includes fantasy sports.
-->

Would you be interested in following this log?
Yes 67%  67%  [ 6 ]
No 11%  11%  [ 1 ]
Maybe 22%  22%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 9
 Post subject: Chelsea F.C. | The Kings of London (FIFA 14 Manager Log)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:34 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Cubs
Console '07: Sony PS2
Console '08: Sony PS2
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
I've wanted to always try and do something others don't. I know it's a baseball forum, but maybe it's cause it's so big in the modern culture that I get confused, but the lack of anything related to soccer/football and FIFA on here is kinda....shocking. I figured this might be fun to try out, and I'll try to make this like PPfan used to make his logs.

A little heads up: The manager's name is Kurt Baker, which is kind of like my video game alter-ego due to my last name never being able to be pronound. :P

Last edited by RobDiesel61 on Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Chelsea F.C. | The Kings of London (FIFA 14 Manager Log)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:40 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Brewers
Console '07: Don't Own
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
I hardly know anything about soccer, but I'll follow.

Inaugural Member of the 10,000 Post Cult

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:57 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

June 3rd, 2013
I knocked on the door of an office building in the Chelsea FC headquarters in London. On the door was a bronze plaque with the title "Owner" on it. I had waited outside the door for what seemed a lifetime, but in reality it was about three seconds.
"Come in." said the voice behind the door.
I opened the door entered the deluxe office. I closed the door behind me and stood in front of the desk. In front of me stood a middle-aged man, one who looked like he had experience in working in the office. He looked up from his computer and pointed his hand out to the nearby chair.
"Take a seat."
I sat down and did my best to keep my composure. I admit I was feeling a bit nervous about the situation. If Roman Abramovich called me in to the office, then there were only two possibe things he'd want to tell me. "You wanted to see me Mr. Abramovich?"

"Yes Mr. Baker. We've spoken before on this subject so I'll just get straight to the point." He paused and pulled a group of stapled papers out of the desk in front of him. "The board and I have decided to offer you the job as manager for the club. We believe that out of all the candidates, you were the one that could take this Chelsea team to success."
I was rather shocked at what just transpired. I sat in the chair, looking at the contract sitting in front of me. This was my dream job, to manage a top-quality team in the Premier League, not to mention my fandom of Chelsea since I was a kid. A life goal I had my entire life was just one signature away from happening. "So, all I have to do is sign?"
"Correct."
I took the pen and read over the contract. It said the normal things I'd expect, "Chelsea has high standards" and such. Finally I hit the signature page and after I finished reading the contract, I put my signature on the paper. It was official, I was the new manager of the Chelsea Blues.
Roman stuck his hand out for a shake, and I met him with a firm grip. "Welcome to Chelsea Football Club Kurt Baker, you are the new manager. You will meet with the press tomorrow at 5 at Stamford Bridge. Good luck."
I thanked him and left the office and headed home, not knowing what was next for me, but ready to take any challenge that came to me.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:37 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

August 16th, 2013

Since I took over as the manager, I've been working left and right to perfect the team to what I wanted it by the time the regular season started. In the two and a half months I've been manager, players have been bought and sold depending on how I saw each individual deal could benefit the team.
Notable sales
Juan Mata, Midfield Attacker (CAM)
Juan Mata's sale is believed by many to be a very debatable sale by me. Juan Mata was Player of the Year for Chelsea for the 11-12 season, then won it again in the 12-13 season. However, he just did not fit my formation and scheme. I had no doubt about Juan's talents whatsoever, but the truth is I needed a CAM that could drop back to midfield and play defense when needed and to spring the counter-attack when it opened. Juan was sold to Manchester City, where I'm sure he will be a threat when we play them this season.
Demba Ba, Striker (ST)
Demba Ba did well splitting time with Fernando Torres as striker in the 2012-2013 season. However, after bringing in Samuel Eto'o, I found that Ba couldn't be utilized properly. I decided that the best thing to do for Chelsea, and Ba himself, was to sell him. He was sold to Inter Milan in Italy.
Notable Purchases
Thomas Müller, Right Wing (RW)
Thomas Müller was a player who I wanted to sign regardless of what club I signed with. This is a RW that at 24 has shown the talents of a long veteran. He played a crucial part in the 2010 World Cup by being the joint top goalscorer in the tournament for Germany. At the age of 24, he has yet to hit his speak, and after signing him to a long term contract, I can't wait to see him develop into the next great player.
Ronaldinho, Midfield Attacker (CAM)
This is a player who at one point was the top player in the world. His talent was untouchable during his peak. While 33 years old now, I bring him in knowing he still retains the skills he had during his reign at Barcelona. Also, Oscar, the young and future star CAM, can learn a lot from him.
Other signings: Samuel Eto'o (ST), Andre Schürrle(LM/RM), Marco Van Ginkel (CM), Mark Schwarzer (GK)
Players to look out for this season
Fernando Torres, Striker (ST)
Once considered one of the world's best during his reign at Liverpool, Fernando Torres has had a drawback career at Chelsea since signing in January 2011. He has shown the talent is still there, and his work ethic is one of the best I've ever seen. Look for a Fernando Torres that could possibly make up for all those years of inconsistency.
Peter Čech, Goalkeeper (GK)
Considered one of the best in the world, Peter Čech has been at Chelsea since 2004. The 6'5 giant has kept his starting job since joining the club. Look for Čech to have a great year in net, getting many Clean Sheets and helping Chelsea finishing well in each of the competitions we'll compete in.

The Premier League opener is tomorrow. We would be playing Hull City at home to open the season. We finished the team meeting and headed home, ready for the beginning of a new season, and the start of a new era for Chelsea football.
(First game will be done tomorrow)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:13 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

August 17th, 2013. Match Day

We arrived at Stamford Bridge, ready to start the season on a high note. As I got the lineup sheet, I started filling in names of the Starting 11 for the game. I spent the night before pondering, and based off of what I saw in our friendly exhibitions, I had an idea of who would be able to do the best.

Formation: 4-2-3-1
Subs: Schwarzer, Eto'o, Cahill, Oscar, Mikel, Schurlle, Ivanovic

The players left the tunnels and God Save the Queen played. Afterwards, the players got into formation and the midfield pass started the game.

The game had many opportunities missed. In the 23rd minute, Ronaldinho got the ball from a Torres pass. As he drove past two defenders, the goalie came out of net to approach him. He tried the chip shot, and it hits the crossbar and bounces back to a Hull City defender.
Half-time came later on and the score was 0-0.
The second half seemed to be a large rinse and repeat. We played a more defensive game in the second half as we felt pressure coming in from Hull's forwards. When the 82nd minute came, Fernando Torres hit a cross from the right side of the field. It bounced off a defender into the chest of Ronaldinho. Ronaldinho made a quick cut left and shot to the bottom right of the net.
GOAL! His first for the club and that all but sealed it for us. As I had taught them, the players relied on a heavy defense the rest of the game and as the final whistle blew, the win was ours. I headed through the tunnel to the locker room and gave a quick talk to the gents, and headed to the press room and answered questions. Finally, after a long and successful day, I was able to head to sleep, knowing that I started my tenure for the club in the right way.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:36 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Nice start to the season! Ronaldinho is the only guy I've heard of on your roster... :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:54 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

BrewersFuzz wrote:
Nice start to the season! Ronaldinho is the only guy I've heard of on your roster... :lol:

He's a legend, I mean come on now :P.
I plan to get an update before the night ends tonight, will have a minor mention of the Ashton Villa game and the main point of it will be on Manchester United.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:11 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

RobDiesel61 wrote:
Manchester United.

Hey, I have heard of them! :razz:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:57 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

August 21st, 2013
The second result was just as good as the first, with a 2-0 victory against a very aggressive Ashton Villa. With a header from a corner in the 29th minute by Thomas Muller, and a shot in the 49th minute from David Liuz, victory was a breeze.

August 26th, 2013. Match Day
We arrived at Old Trafford for our first away fixture of the season. I didn't need to give a big pre-game speech to the boys, or get them hyped up for this. They knew how big this game was for us. John Terry was having some calf issues after the last game, and I didn't want to possibly re-agitate the injury and lose our captain, so I decided to take him out of the lineup for this game.
Lineup:

It was a monsoon at Old Trafford. The game began, and we got off to a quick start. In only the 5th minute, Eden Hazard shook off two defenders and drove a shot at the goalie. Because the ball was slippery, however, the ball bounced up and Eden hopped over the goalkeeper.

GOAL! 1-0

However, Manchester United isn't a team to lay off. In the 44th minute, Wayne Rooney get the ball and broke away on the left wing, and crossed the ball over. Ramires attempted to knock it out of danger, but missed and the ball went back to Ashley Young, who had a simple header for goal.

1-1. Halftime came.

The second half had a much similar pace, aggressive attacking from the wingers gave defenders a nightmare as far as defending went. However, goals were at a stand still, and no one was able to knock the ball into the net.
Until the 90th minute.
We had one minute of extra time added. Ramires caught a pass before midfield and sent a down-field lob pass to Fernando Torres. The Spaniard caught the pass, broke to the right of the approaching goalkeeper, and with his right foot shot the ball.

GOAL! 2-1
The final whistle blew and I congratulated the boys on a hard fought win. I told them to enjoy the win and be ready to head out after answering the media. I headed to the media room, ready to answered what would feel like a million questions. However, after a win like this, I didn't have much room for complaining.

Last edited by RobDiesel61 on Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:59 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

That's clutch. :D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:15 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Red Sox
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Wii and DS
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2011
damn son, nice win

Money can't buy life

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:36 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

For anyone wondering I've been stacked with assignments and such lately, I'll get an update out sometime soon.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:28 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

September 28th, 2013
September was mostly a quiet month. With international friendlies going on, we only had four games scheduled, one Champions League game, two EPL games, and one Capital One Cup.

Chelsea vs. FC Basel
We opened our group stage of the Champions League against Basel. While not a top team in the world, they were formidable foes. Our wingers had a great game, with Hazard getting two goals and Muller getting one.

Chelsea vs. Fulham
Considered a rival, Fulham is about 20 minutes from Stamford Bridge. The boys knew how important this game was, and they came out swinging. Fernando Torres, in great form, achieved the hat trick in a 3-1 win.

Chelsea vs. Leeds United
The Capital One Cup isn't a cup on par as far as prestige with the FA Cup, but is still an important cup for us nontheless. In a 2-0 routing, Oscar scored both goals. Our attacking front has stepped it up this month.

Tomorrow, we play Tottenham, a team that has started to make a name for itself in recent years. It will take a good effort from the boys on the pitch, but I believe this team will get the 3 points in the end.

(Short update I know, needed to post something with the lack of posts lately. I'll get the Tottenham game up either late tonight or tomorrow.)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:38 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

September 29th, 2013. Match Day.

We arrived at White Hart Lane. The boys have been in great form since I took over and I had nothing but confidence in the game on hand today.

Our starting XI:

Their starting XI:

The best thing I can say is it was a great game for us. Our defense was solid all game and our midfielders did a good job keeping the ball on the attacking side for us. In only the sixth minute, Ramires sent a good lob ball to Torres, who gave it a good heading pass to Ronaldinho, who sent the ball into the bottom right of the net.
GOAL! 1-0

We slowed down the offense for a bit. It wasn't later on, until the 85th minute, we saw another big chance at goal. After a failed corner by Tottenham, John Terry cleared the ball to safety past midfield, where a speedy Fernando Torres picked it up and chipped over a very aggressive goalkeeper into the left corner of the net.
GOAL! 2-0

Here I thought nothing else would happen in the game. Our attacking front wouldn't go away though. In Injury time (the minutes added after the 90th), I saw Torres pick up the ball once again, and after shaking off a defender, he took a shot to the top right of the net.
GOAL! 3-0

The final whistle rang after that, and, in my eyes, the most impressive game we played all season. I complimented the boys after the impressive win, and left them to celebrate in the locker room.