Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

This forum is for specific discussion about any sport that doesn't belong in the Baseball, Football or Basketball subforums. This includes fantasy sports.
-->

Will you follow this log?
Yes 88%  88%  [ 7 ]
No 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
Maybe 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 8
 Post subject: Chelsea F.C. | London's First, London's Finest (Fifa 15 Log)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:17 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Cubs
Console '07: Sony PS2
Console '08: Sony PS2
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
(Do take note...the main character, Kurt Baker, is not a real person. He is a character created by me and any caps or history he has is strictly imaginative.)

"I'm delighted to introduce to you, Chelsea's new manager, Kurt Baker."
The applause from the media was a nice noise to hear as I took center stage of the press conference. I was about to begin my journey with Chelsea, a club I wasn't all too unfamiliar with...

"First off, I'd like to say congratulation on moving on to the role of managing, Mr. Baker. Obviously the media knows about you, former United States international and Premier League champion. Your first tenure at Chelsea as a player saw you stay at the club from 2009-2012, winning titles such as the Premier League and the Champions League. Are you confident of creating a bigger legacy here as a manager?
"Yes, thank you. First off I do want to say thank you to the Chelsea board and Mr. Abramovich for giving me the huge opportunity to manage such a great club. My time here as a player saw great success, most notably winning the Premier League from 09-10 and the Champions League from 11-12. I do believe we can achieve even more here in the future, and I can't wait till the first fixture."

"The club has already signed players such as Diego Costa and Cesc Fabregas this past month. Are you looking to also splash into the transfer window?
"Obviously there's always room for improvements, and you must never stop looking for ways to improve. I already have ideas of a player or two I would like to bring in to the club, but the squad already presented to me is a fantastic group."

Image Image

"One of the big controversies for the past few years for Chelsea is and has been Fernando Torres. Given your history of playing with him on two different occasions, will this affect your decision of his playing time or possible offloading?
"I had the opportunity to play under Fernando Torres while he was captain at Atletico Madrid for two years, and play alongside him at Chelsea for a year and a half. The young, captain of Atletico Madrid Torres and Chelsea's Torres were not as different as believed. He is a top man, and has a relentless work rate. I have great plans for him and Diego Costa."

An American manager in the Premier League is certainly a first. Some critics believe you're unqualified based on nationality alone! How do you respond to these critics?
"From what I understand, those are only a select few that believe that. The United States has proved its worth in world football over the past two decades, and the United States are fresh off a successful run in the World Cup. I'm proud of my nationality, and I hope to take a step even further in American football by succeeding in my time here."

The rest of the press conference had similar or almost identical questions, and eventually the final question was asked. I thanked the media, and gathered myself and left. I was told I handled the press conference in a professional manor, and that I looked calm and collected the entire time. The first day was done, and the next day would really begin this journey.

Post subject: Re: Chelsea F.C. | London's First, London's Finest (Fifa 15
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:14 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Indians
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Hyped for this log!

BrewersFuzz wrote:
AND THEN IN A SHOCKING TURN OF EVENTS CLEVELAND BLOWS THE 3-1 LEAD THIS TIME

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:38 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Season Preview

We've had a very successful pre-season. The boys work hard in training and in their friendlies. After a few friendlies, I have an idea of who I will put in my starting XI. However, as always, spots are open to fight for.

Transfers

IN: Sergio Ramos, Spanish centre-back, 28

A fantastic player, Ramos comes off a rather disappointing World Cup run for Spain. However, his form before the World Cup is not one to be argued with. Arguably the best CB in the world during the 13/14 season, his presence for Real Madrid was key in their run to the Champions League title. A great player, leader, and person, I'm very happy to have brought this player to Chelsea.

IN: Paul Pogba, French midfielder, 21

One of the most talented and promising stars, Paul Pogba was a must signing to me. His presence at the World Cup for France was important in their quarter-finals run. Pogba has the mind to send killer through balls to the strikers, and his ability to shoot from long distance has been shown before. Adding depth to our already stacked midfield, Pogba should settle in fine at Stamford Bridge and I look forward to his success for the club.

Players to watch for.

Fernando Torres

It seems competition brings out the best in Fernando. The striking trio of Diego Costa, Fernando Torres, and club legend Didier Drogba leaves no room for error from anyone. All three have been incredible, and Fernando has been nothing less than class.

Eden Hazard

By far Chelsea's best player in the 13/14 season, Eden Hazard is considered one of Europe's best players. At 23 years old, the Belgian has often been compared to the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi. Humble, he always responds by saying he has a long way to go before he considers himself up with the likes of them. I think Eden will play another crucial role for us this season, and he is among the leaders in a class set of midfielders.

Andre Schurrle

Chelsea's most successful player at the World Cup, Andre Schurrle was a vital part of Germany's World Cup victory. While not starting a game in Brazil, he would come off the bench and change the game often, including late goals to secure Germany victory in the knockout stages. He'll be hungry to keep his form up, ready to serve a purpose in the first-team.

Our first match of the season has us playing at newly promoted Burnley. While not an English powerhouse, this is a side that must be taken seriously and we cannot afford any slip-ups. I hope to start my first competitive match at Chelsea with a victory.

(Will do first game tomorrow, sick all day and had to rest in bed for hours.)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:11 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

EPL MATCHDAY 1

It was a rainy day at Turf Moor to begin our season (for some reason fifa glitched and the prematch cutscenes were clear and sunny.) The squad arrived focus and determined to start the season on the right foot.

Burnley's starting XI:

Chelsea's starting XI:

Lots of opportunities early in the match. The squad came out ready to play, and it showed. Very unlucky at times, the crossbar was hit on three different occasions before someone banged the first goal! However, it wouldn't take long when a long lob pass was sent to Oscar, who in turn decided to strike it on a first time volley....
GOAL! An absolute bullet from Oscar, the keeper had no time to react. In the 31st minute, we finally took the lead at 1-0.

We went into halftime with the score 1-0, and I told the boys to keep at it. The vibes were positive, and when we went back onto the pitch, we continued to bring it to Burnley.
Not fair to say Burnley didn't put up a fight. A greatly taken corner saw them hit the side post, but Thibaut Courtois was quick to respond and kept it 1-0. It wasn't until the 74th minute we saw Diego Costa break to the left side of the field, sending in a well-placed cross to Fernando Torres, who in turn turned his head towards the net...
GOAL! The header went high and dipped down just enough for the keeper to not get a hand on it. Fernando Torres adds to his goal tally in the first game, and it's now 2-0.

At this point, I told the team to play more defensive and possessive. They wouldn't force anything, but only play the counter-attack when it came naturally. A hungry Diego Costa chased a long through ball and out-paced the Burnley defenders, and took a shot with his left foot towards the left side of goal...
GOAL! Diego Costa scores on his Chelsea debut, and rightfully so. He played fantastically all match, and I'm glad he was able to knock out the nerves of getting his first goal. It was now 3-0.

Time continued to run, and a substituted Paul Pogba almost had a chance to make it 4-0, but his header was turned just wide of goal. The final whistle blew, and I could say I was happy with the results.

I met with the boys in the locker room and congratulated them on a good game. After this, I headed to the press room, ready to answer the media...

"Well a 3-0 win away from home on your debut as manager. How does it feel?
"It's a good feeling and I'm happy we were able to play the way we did. Obviously we can improve a few things, but things definitely looked good today.

We saw your team hit the woodworks an incredible three times today! Could you comment on that?
"Just unlucky really. We had plenty of opportunities to wrap the game up before the second half, and the crossbar seemed to stop them all. In the end, it worked out though I suppose. The three players on my squad that hit the crossbar ended up scoring goals.

Diego Costa had a fine debut, scoring a goal in his first game in the Premier League. Do you think it will be a confidence booster to score so early in his time at the club?
"It definitely does get something off your back to score a debut goal, and Diego did a fine job today. The other players that debuted also played well, and I think it shows they're settling in at the club just fine."

I thanked the media and gathered my belongings and we rode the team bus home, enjoying a nice victory, but keeping the next game ahead in mind.

(The pictures aren't the best of quality, but don't worry. Next update they will be, just messing with some settings to see how I can get the best pictures. Lemme know what you guys think, I am rusty with logging so you won't have stellar updates for quite a bit haha.)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:24 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Brewers
Console '07: Don't Own
The pictures look fine on my phone, not sure how they look on computer though... Nice update though, the style is beautiful! :)

Inaugural Member of the 10,000 Post Cult

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:29 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

BrewersFuzz wrote:
The pictures look fine on my phone, not sure how they look on computer though... Nice update though, the style is beautiful! :)

Thanks! I mean they're fine with quality, but they can be better that's all. I already fixed the settings on fraps and graphics though so the next update (hopefully tomorrow) should be better. As I write more though, my writing should get longer and better.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:17 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

EPL MATCHDAY 2

The first home game of the season, and my debut at Stamford Bridge. We spent all pre-season traveling and playing various opponents, but it felt great to be home. I know this is a match that we don't want to lose, and one I personally cannot lose.

Chelsea Starting XI

You know what they say, if it's not broken don't fix it! With a week to rest, I put out the exact same squad, all players rested and ready to play.

Leicester City Starting XI

A first half of nothing almost. It seemed we made no progress to show signs of scoring, and when we did, foolish turnovers would hurt our chances. Halftime was approaching, and it wasn't until the 45th minute Diego Costa chased after a long pass before an aggressive tackle would change the game tempo...

Penalty! The referee pointed to the spot and hurried over to Wes Morgan and pulled out the red card, a sending off for the Leicester City defender. He could not hide his disappointment.

Eden Hazard stepped up to the spot to take the penalty. Calm and collectively, Eden shot to the lower right of the goal..

GOAL! A frustrating match suddenly tipped into our favor, we entered into the three minutes of added time. We weren't done there yet, however. Fabregas intercepted a pass at midfield, sending Eden Hazard chasing on the wing. Hazard received the ball, and sent a fast ground ball across the box to Fernando Torres, who in turn hit it first touch...

GOAL! Just like that, we were up 2-0! This was certainly going to make my halftime speech easier! The boys went in, and I told them to simply play possessive and relax the rest of the game. They did as I said, and kept Leicester City out of contention.

In the dying moments of the match, substitute Didier Drogba shot right at the keeper, who couldn't keep hold of it. Andre Schurrle saw the opportunity to pounce for a goal, and he took just that chance...

GOAL! Andre gets on the score sheet for the first time since the World Cup, and I couldn't be more delighted. A few minutes later, the final whistle blew.

I decided to decline an interview with the media, and instead enjoyed time with the lads after the game. It was a nice victory, and their celebrations reflected that. Similar to Burnsley, Leicester City were newly promoted, adjusting to life in the Premier League.

The next day, I began to plot out the next match. With a mid-week match against Swansea in only three days, I began to formulate my next lineup.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:13 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Sorry about the lack of updates. I do play high school football so Fridays are gameday and today I spent the entire day with family a few hours away from home. Should get an update out tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:38 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Brewers
Console '07: Don't Own
I don't think the pace has been slow at all, your current speed has been fine. Good job anyway. :)

Inaugural Member of the 10,000 Post Cult

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:47 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

What's your strategy? Let me guess, park the bus?

BrewersFuzz wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:19 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

So this isn't dead by the way. You'd be amazed at the busy week I've had. I'm also waiting for a mod to release in a day or so that should enhance some parts of the career mode, so I'll push back some game updates until then.

GoTwins24 wrote:
What's your strategy? Let me guess, park the bus?

Not really actually. I love attacking football and playing it. However if I'm playing ultimate team I'm more than likely playing Park the Bus and Counter-Attack haha.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:21 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

The update is finally here! (heh a "day" or so)

EPL MATCHDAY 3

By no means was this going to be an easy game. Everton are a strong side, fielding the likes of Tim Howard, Ross Barkley, and Leighton Baines, just to name a few. Two strikers for Everton, Romelu Lukaku and Samuel Eto'o, were both Chelsea players only months earlier...would they play a part in this match?

A different side. Filipe Luis, Paul Pogba, Willian, and Gary Cahill earned their first start tonight. I chose to play in the 4-2-3-1 formation, leaving only Fernando Torres on top.

Torres passed to Oscar, who got the match started.

The first half was a very defensive one, with both defenses stepping in and doing their jobs in the first half. It seemed a 0-0 half was to be, but in the 38th minute, an Azpilicueta challenge in the box saw Barkley go down.....

PENALTY! The referee pointed to the spot, much to the debate and argument from Chelsea. Leighton Baines would step up, ready to take the penalty....He shot right....and it was stopped by Courtois! A fantastic save that was crushed merely seconds later when Baines instinctively headed the rebound far side...

GOAL! Baines ran to greet the fans at Goodison Park, and suddenly Chelsea found themselves down at 1-0. Half-time then came, and Chelsea had to do something....

The second half was more of the same. Heavy defense kept pressure off the keepers, and when a shot did come through the keepers stepped up. However, the 72nd minute saw Paul Pogba complete a good overhead pass to Eden Hazard. Hazard would shot a vicious shot, but Howard saved! However, Pogba saw his chance at a rebound and shot to the top right corner...

GOAL! Nothing the American keeper could do about it, and now the game was tied at 1-1.

Time was winding down, and it seemed like it would come down to the last minute. An 85th minute pass from former Chelsea man Samuel Eto'o saw Baines reach a small gap, enough to barely get a shot before Sergio Ramos slid in. The bullet shot suddenly rippled in the back of the net....

GOAL! Baines now had a brace, and now Chelsea were down 2-1!

All men were thrown forward, everything was tried. The final whistle did eventually blow, and Everton had emerged as victors! A tremendous victory for them, and a bad lose for us.

I went to the media room, ready to face questions from my first lost as manager.

Certainly not the result you were looking for. Can you tell us what you feel went wrong?
"Just costly mistakes really. We would play the ball well, but once we got around 10 yards from the box, it seemed we couldn't function properly! While I do credit Everton's defense for a good game, there were times that at least a shot should have happened and never did."

This match saw you change from your 4-1-2-1-2 to a 4-2-3-1. Do you think that played a part in your loss?
"The formation doesn't change as much as you think it would. Instead of having two strikers, I played one. This allowed for another midfielder to play. The formation change wasn't a problem."

While I was disappointed at the loss, I figured it would inevitable I'd face my first loss as a manager. I had to take this game and learn lessons from it, and move on to the next. This little bump in the road can't flatten a tire.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:25 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

EPL MATCHDAY 4

The team seemed hell-bent to make up for the previous loss. They wanted a chance to redeem themselves and prove that they're still a force to be reckoned with.

I chose to field a more unique side, due to the fixture congestion. Club legends Petr Cech and Didier Drogba get their first starts of the season, the latter getting his first start since returning to the club in July. Loic Remy also makes his debut for us.

(Also a side note, the game did the time glitch again...pregame was night, yet the game and post game stuff were during the day.)
An offensive game from the start saw both goalkeepers being pressured all ninety minutes. Petr Cech proved he's still a top class keeper with many saves all game. The 39th minute came, and it saw Loic Remy send a cross to Didier Drogba, who in turn took it first-touch on a volley....

GOAL! Didier Drogba scored his first goal since returning to the club he's so famous at. We now looked in control, and the score was 1-0.

Halftime soon came, and I scowled at the back four (defense) for their considerably weak performance in the first half. I saw a fire in their eyes, they wanted to go back out there and put on a better showing.

The second half began, and it didn't take long for a Swansea Corner to suddenly turn into a Chelsea counter-attack. Cesc Fabregas sent a long, overhead pass to Didier Drogba, who shook off his defender and drew the keeper out of the net! It was an easy angle, and Drogba hit it with his right foot....

GOAL! The keeper had no chance due to his hesitation, and now Drogba had his brace. A 2-0 lead for us, we managed to coast to victory after this.

Drogba had a major chance to make it 3-0, but his great header was denied by an even better Fabianski save....

FT: Chelsea 2 0 Swansea City

I greeted the boys in the locker room and congratulated them on a fantastic rebound game from the Everton defeat. I then headed to the media room.

"Well, a good three points from the match today, and a good performance from two older players in your squad! Care to comment?"
"Drogba and Cech played fantastically today. Didier had his brace, and Cech kept a well-earned clean sheet. I knew that when I needed to call upon them that they would perform. However it's also unfair to not mention the rest of the squad today. This was a team win."

"Rumor has it you're interested in dipping into the transfer market one last time before deadline day approaches. Is this true?"
"You never stop looking for ways to improve the club. Whether or not there will be another purchase for us this transfer window, I don't know yet."

(The next update will be a full-press conference, covering media day and leadup to the first Champions League game.)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:41 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

September 15th, 2014

The final training session before our first Champions League game was complete. In 24 hours, we'd be facing FC Schalke 04, a very competitive German team who wouldn't be a push-over.

Afterward, I took a chance to meet with John Terry and had small talk with him.

JT: "What's up Kurt?"
"Nothing really. I just wanted to make sure you were ready for the match tomorrow John."
"You should always know I will be. We used to be defensive partners, come on now."
"What a partnership huh? Europe couldn't break up the 15-26 partnership we had. Although you and Sergio seem to be forming an even better partnership."
"Yeah. I really do want a Champions League title again, Kurt. You know I want to play in another final."
Poor John, I remembered. His Champions League finals past haven't been pleasant. In 2008, he stepped up to take a decisive penalty and slipped and missed. A penalty, that if converted, would have won us the title. Instead, Manchester United stormed back and won the shootout, and the title. The next time we would go to a final, John would be suspended, due to him passing up the limit of yellow cards.
"We'll get back there again John, and you will play a big part in us getting there. We just have to take it one game at a time."

We talked a little longer, and after that I headed to the media room.

"Well, you're returning from international break. Are all your players healthy, any knacks or injuries?"
"No. The boys are all healthy, fit, and ready to start our Champions League campaign tomorrow."

"Chelsea last year played Schalke last year in the group stage, dominating them in both games. Are you expecting much of the same?"
"I expect Schalke to give us a hard fight, and definetely give us some moments that will cause us to persevere. However, I still believe and always will that my side is stronger and better. No exceptions here."

"You continue your partnership with the Right To Play organization for European competition. As a player and a manager, do you enjoy the partnership?"
"Always. I was a part of the team in 2012 when we first donned the Right To Play organization on our kits. It's an organization I support 100%, and it's always great to get the word out about a good cause."

"You were a part of the team that won the title in 2012. Which would mean more to you, winning as a player like you did, or winning as the manager?"
"Both are incredibly great feats. I couldn't choose, although I'd be honored if I could join the elite list of people who have done so."

I answered other questions, more or less they ended up being the same. I thanked the media and headed home. Tomorrow was going to be a big day.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:01 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Alright! Nothing is better than Champions League football, except for maybe the World Cup.

BrewersFuzz wrote: