Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Coffeewithcreams pitcher guide part 2: secondary pitches.
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 9:33 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Favorite Team: White Sox
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Don't Own
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
Welcome back coffee drinkers :lol: Today we jump into part 2: which secondary pitches should I use?

For starters, let's talk about how many pitches should be used: in my opinion only 2 pitchers are needed, an off speed pitch and a break pitch. In this episode I will look at all the candidates for each pitch "category" and give an overall rating, but ultimately this is an opinion, with a certain amount of effort you could easily get better than this, but for people who want a good fastball(and don't save and load),this guide might just be for you.

Category 1: off speed pitches

Changeup: while most of you would be shocked to see this in the category , there are two reasons: a the minimal point cost; and b: the note below. You can easily get this one for people who try to pull it into your left fielder by swinging early, when my left fielder is who I usually make an offense first player.

Special note: for those of you who play against real people(like me), an easy trick is the pitcher will hold the ball longer on all breaking pitches, except the changeup. The trick can be devastating for players with only two breaking pitches(the ones intended to be made from this guide). The change up will defend this from happening, especially from big swingers.

Conclusion: a solid pitch with easy to use and upgrades,with a weakness covered in its hidden ability, but easy for high levels to hit as well. 5/10 against CPU,7/10 against humans who know the good delivery moves.

Slow curveball: the break can build upon this one deceptively, and a good choice for an original pitch. This pitch is in the top 3 of all (non original) pitches.However, hangs a little bit too much at times ,so be wary.

Conclusion: a solid off speed pitch that is not easily hit.8/10

Knuckleball: easily the best pitch in the game.the amount of off speed and break this has is insane. The horizontal movement defends it from the timing trick, and stops big swings in their tracks. The upgrade cost is the only flaw, but easily gambled for, if possible, or not, it probably stand on its own in a pinch.

Conclusion: best pitch in the game, if upgraded with gambling. 9/10

Screwball: while this does not have that much break,the direction it goes jams lefties, and has good change, and unexpectedness. 5/10

Category 2 break pitches

Vertical slider:while I personally do not used this pitch, it seems to be effective.there is not many pitches with more experience required.

Conclusion: a good solid pitch when time is ample 8/10

Cutter:this sharp pitch has very sharp movement, and results in many bad hits as a result of the ball moving out of the sweetspot.Good effectiveness against humans as well.

Conclusion:this pitch does not conflict with any other pitch directions that I have listed, so a easily obtainable pitch. 7/10

Conclusion: while decent and unexpected enough to get into this guide, it simply can't compare with the benefits of the other recommended pitches in the guide. 5/10

Slurve: similar to a cutter, but in this direction. The vertical break is just enough to damage hit results. Small horizontal break.

Conclusion: a pitch if the direction for the pitch you wanted was taken already, but not a must use 6/10

Knuckleball:same as above,just in here for a solo knuckleball pitcher. 9/10

Please note that I do not include pitches that I believe are unadviseable to use.
Next time on my guide:actually playing the games!

Guys, it won't happen

you're a fool

Nice to have fans:)

Post subject: Re: Coffeewithcreams pitcher guide part 2: secondary pitches
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:55 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Favorite Team: Giants
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
get a slow curve and a hard slider. If it's not your guy's primary pitch, definitely get a drop curve with more break and more slowdown.

Last edited by DarkShade on Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cropping down wasteful posts