Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: CPU Hitting Skill
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:20 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

I'm curious what settings folks are using to get decent offensive stats out of the CPU. I settled on playing last year's game with CPU hitting on power and the normal lock on but a few games at that setting in 2008 have led to the CPU averaging about 20 hits per game. Obviously I can fool around with the settings to come up with something better but I'm curious as to what others have settled on.

Post subject: Re: CPU Hitting Skill
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:58 am 
Rookie
Rookie

Favorite Team: Dodgers
Console '07: Don't Own
Console '08: Sony PS2
I'm new to the Power Pros franchise, but I'm a sports fan, so I don't suck badly. I'm floating around a couple settings right now.

In my season I'm 19-14 w/ the Dodgers. I use expert batting, all-star pitching, normal fielding, expert running, and lock-on 1 sweet spot for the CPU.

Some things depend on the roster, but I feel at my skill level I've got a slight edge in winning the game - which is good since it lets me mess up to lose.

All-star cpu batting just felt like the cpu could smack a homer whenever the count got high and I don't like walking in this game since stamina drains so quickly.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:55 am 
AAA Starter
AAA Starter

I've got everything on Powerful for the purpose of realism.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:44 am 
Rookie
Rookie

Favorite Team: Diamondbacks
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
lacysucks wrote:
I'm new to the Power Pros franchise, but I'm a sports fan, so I don't suck badly. I'm floating around a couple settings right now.

In my season I'm 19-14 w/ the Dodgers. I use expert batting, all-star pitching, normal fielding, expert running, and lock-on 1 sweet spot for the CPU.

Some things depend on the roster, but I feel at my skill level I've got a slight edge in winning the game - which is good since it lets me mess up to lose.

All-star cpu batting just felt like the cpu could smack a homer whenever the count got high and I don't like walking in this game since stamina drains so quickly.

I was having too easy a time of it with my old season settings of expert cpu pitching / batting, (won 7 straight from the start of the season w/ the cards) so I tried your settings and they seem to be really balanced! You have to be pretty careful pitching and getting homers against all star pitching is more challenging, preventing me from getting 15 run games. Good setup here!