Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Las Vegas Sinners - Expansion Log
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:46 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Giants
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: (DS) Nettou! Powerful Koushien
Dr K wrote:
I want sucky starting pitching, so David Wrong or Holt it is. You can choose.

hmm, holt.
here's the link:
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2112&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

"I accept that other people have different preferences. Even when those preferences include facial tattoos and stretch pants constructed from sufficient material to shelter a small village. And their livestock. Some men enjoy dancing with other men without their tops on while others prefer the company of a woman two KFC family buckets away from upsetting the planet's rotational axis."
-David Thorne

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:05 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Rays
stevenjackson39 wrote:
Dr K wrote:
I want sucky starting pitching, so David Wrong or Holt it is. You can choose.

hmm, holt.
here's the link:
http://www.mlbppworld.com/viewtopic.php ... &sk=t&sd=a

Downloaded. He'll be talent who grew up around Detroit. Is that fine?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:29 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

(Detroit, Michigan) - "Torry! Yo! Did you hear? There's a new team forming in Las Vegas, Nevada! I saw it on ESPN! The owner is lookin' for some talent to fill his roster! That's you!" Coach Stevenson hollered. He was your typical coach. Overweight, but knew some things about the game, a real shocker.

"Yeah, I heard. I'm not that impressed. That guy's some rich oil-tycoon. I don't want to play for someone like that. He's a Steinbrenner, in other words." Torry Holt, a great pitcher, with a lot of talent said. "I mean, c'mon, he probably has snobs fillin' his management positions!" Holt continued, "Again, that's not me."

At this point, Coach Stevenson took a deep breath and placed his hand on Holt's shoulder. He looked into his eyes and spoke, "No, he doesn't have snobs filling managing positions. Besides, that team needs a team captain, it needs you, Torry, as team captain! I know the new General Manager. I'll give him a call and drop your name, alright?"

"Alight, thanks Coach." Holt said. He walked away from Stevenson to practice. Stevenson, however, went and gave his friend a call.

"Steve? Answer your phone man! It is important!" Stevenson shouted... he was still listening to the little beeps, signaling the phone was ringing when he heard a...

"Hello? This is Steven Scharz, how may I help you?" Steve answered his phone like a business person would. He gave his name, and asked how he could help.

"Yo! Steve! It is Stevenson! We went to college together, remember? Anyway, I know you don't want to hear this, but I coach this really talented kid..." Stevenson was cut off. Steve decided to speak.

"He's hired. Don't tell him. Just bring him to Safeco Field in Washington. He'll be playing in our first game." Steve, General Manager of the Sinners, said in a confident voice. "Do not let me down, Stevenson. You're a scout. Got that? A scout." Steve hung up his phone and Stevenson smiled.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:30 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

chee2424 wrote:
This gives a new spin to sin city. Any players with red chucks..................lol

No chucks. :P

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:28 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

(Safeco Field, Washington) - "We're live at Safeco Field, home of the Washington Mariners. Victor Capone, Manager of the Sinners, decided he would announce the official lineup of the Sinners' here!" An anxious news reporter shouted through her microphone. She was moderately attractive with blonde hair and blue eyes. "I can't wait!" She exclaimed once more. Then, she looked into a sea of people that exploded in excitement when Victor Capone walked on stafe and stood behind a podium.

"Ladies and gentleman, boys and girls, I am Victor Capone. I am the Manager of the Sinners, and it is time that we announced our official line up!" Victor said in a strong, italian accent. He looked out at the crowd once more, then glanced down at a piece of paper set on the podium. He stuck his right arm out, and the crowd erupted again. "Are you ready? Do you want to hear the Sinners' lineup?" Victor smiled, and gave the crowd hope. They all shouted yes, and such.

Suddenly, a man moved on to the stage. He had a gun. It turned out he was hired to kill Capone, and would do it all costs. "I'll go to jail for this, but I don't care!" The madman shouted out. He had a masculine voice. After shouting, he aimed his semi-automatic pistol at Capone. Then, he pulled the trigger, firing off two shots. That's all that was needed. Capone dropped to the floor, dead... security guards and police ran off and grabbed the guy, placing him in handcuffs.

A man moved out from the curtain. It was Torry Holt! "Eh em, I better do this. I don't think anyone wants me dead." Torry tried to use humor in a tragic situation and it worked. He got the crowd to quiet down, so he was able to read the lineup.

** denotes prospect.
* denotes triple-A player.
People with numbers by their names are (obviously) starters.

Starting Pitchers

1. John Cunnane **
2. Joseph Borland
3. Bobby Osborne **
4. Steven Clapinski
5. Terry Bittner **

Relievers

Oliver Gready **
Torry Holt **
Jayson Hubbard
Orville Robbins *
Bob Gorneault *
Lou Nance *
Joseph Sparks *
Kent Merchan *
Bob File *
Andrew Gork **
Alex Reid *
Steven Colyer *
Bobby Villalta

Catchers

Jorge Zegarra *
Doug Mirabelli (Starter)
Jesus Sekine ** (Bench)
Juan Arriaga (Bench)

First Baseman

Nick Scharz ** (Starter)
Bob Elder (Bench)
Victor Grimm *
Steven Frese *

Second Baseman

Steven Eckelman ** (Bench)
Michael Andrews (Bench)
John Flannery ** (Starter)

Third Baseman

Kunichi Osorno ** (Starter)
Bob Swann *

Shortstop

Frank Castellan (Starter)
Ken Alvardo *
Muhammed Pachot *

Left Fielders

Guy Prochaska ** (Bench)
Chuck Montanez (Starter)
Ryan Freed *

Center Fielders

Kazuo Furukawa *
Al Capone ** (Starter)
Alfonse Sequea (Bench)

Right Fielders

Trent Trzesniak (Bench)
Bobby Caicedo *
Jorge Truby *
Trot Nixon (Starter)

Lineup with DH

1. Al Capone - CF
2. Doug Mirabelli - C
3. Trot Nixon - RF
4. Nick Scharz - 1B
5. Frank Castellan - SS
6. Chuck Montanez - LF
7. Kunichi Osorno - 3B
8. Alfonse Sequea - DH
9. John Flannery - 2B

Lineup without DH

1. Al Capone - CF
2. Doug Mirabelli - C
3. Trot Nixon - RF
4. Nick Scharz - 1B
5. Frank Castellan - SS
6. Chuck Montanez - LF
7. Kunichi Osorno - 3B
8. John Flannery - 2B
9. Pitcher

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:49 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Las Vegas Sinners @ Seattle Mariners - Division Rivalary

"We're live at Safeco Field, where a man was murdered. That man is the father of one of the Sinners' players, Al Capone. Not to be confused with the notorious gangster. However, he will not be told his father is dead until after the game. Now, we bring you game one of a two game series. John Cunnane will be on the mound for the Sinners, and he faces a strong, powerful Felix Hernandez. This is a test for the team. If they are able to stomp the Mariners, they may be a hopeful team. However, the chances of that happening are... slim. Regardless, we'll give you a glimpse of both teams batting orders:

Seattle Mariners

1. Ichiro Suzuki - CF
2. Jose Lopez - 2B
3. Raul Ibanez - LF
4. Richie Sexson - 1B
5. Adrian Beltre - 3B
6. Jose Vidro - DH
7. Kenji Johjima - C
8. Yuniesky Betancourt - SS
9. Willie Bloomquist - RF
Felix Hernandez - Pitcher

Las Vegas Sinners

1. Al Capone - CF
2. Doug Mirabelli - C
3. Trot Nixon - RF
4. Nick Scharz - 1B
5. Frank Castellan - SS
6. Chuck Montanez - LF
7. Kunichi Osorno - 3B
8. Alfonse Sequea - DH
9. John Flannery - 2B
John Cunnane - Pitcher

The Mariners are expected to walk away with the victory, and might even throw a no-hitter according to some fans. We hope that is true, as they're our hometown team. Back to you, John."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:16 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Who wants to know what happens to Al now that his father is dead? Why was Capone shot in the first place? Did Goldman have something to do with it? What happened in the game?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:19 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Astros
Console '07: Wii and PS2
Console '08: Wii and PS2
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
Don't games usually get postponed when people die? :lol:
A madman murders the manager on-field during the pregame ceremonies and the cops just chase him off and it continues as normal? A little strange if you ask me. :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:49 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

lanceberkman wrote:
Don't games usually get postponed when people die? :lol:
A madman murders the manager on-field during the pregame ceremonies and the cops just chase him off and it continues as normal? A little strange if you ask me. :)

The pleasure of money... the pleasure of money.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:26 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Phillies
let me guess... Al Capone "steals" a lot of bases. :)

and the shooting was kind of random. :)

My Success Mode Players
Who (1B)
Terminator (CL)
ZackAttack (3B)
Panda (LF)
Newt (2B)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:33 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Longball714 wrote:
let me guess... Al Capone "steals" a lot of bases. :)

and the shooting was kind of random. :)

It'll be explained soon enough. I'd drop a spoiler but-- actually, I'll drop one:

Goldman's oil business is a cover for an organized crime organization, which is hardly known about. The Capones happen to be important in an other gang.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:45 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Phillies
awesome!!

My Success Mode Players
Who (1B)
Terminator (CL)
ZackAttack (3B)
Panda (LF)
Newt (2B)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:08 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

--------------------------------------------------Mr. Goldman's Office

"Mr. Goldman, he's done it. Capone has been eliminated. I'm sure. If he was alive, he isn't anymore. That son of a you knows what won't be a problem anymore." An enforcer of Goldman's said. His name was Sal. He was a heavyset Italian man, but he knew how to work a Thompson (kudos if you get this).

"Good, good... how about Al? You know the one who has the same name as our role model, Scarface. Did you touch him?" Goldman sat behind his wooden desk. He had one of those big chairs that you could literally spin around in. Though, he didn't use it for fun. The chair was padded with bullet proof material, especially since he's a mob boss.

"He didn't touch the kid. I made sure of it. If Joey speaks, he's gone. Trust me." Sal said in a respectable tone. He had that Italian accent that assured you everything was okay. "Alright, I'll be leaving now Mr. G, business calls." He smirked and walked himself out of Goldman's office. This was when Goldman smirked....

"Perfecto..." Something was wrong with this man. He was friends with Capone in school, but they eventually parted ways and formed their own gangs. Capone relied heavily on racketeering, while Goldman knew the money was in oil and gas. He had it right, and had secured himself one of the most powerful crime syndicates in the world.

----------------------------------------------------------------------The Clubhouse
"I can't believe we ******* lost! Darnit! This is your fault, Capone! Your entire fault!" A furious Nick Scharz shouted at the top of his lungs. He was mad. It was their first major league game and they were torn to shreds by a Mariner offense. "If you weren't sitting in center while I was fielding my butt of, we could have won! I had to carry this tea--” Scharz was interrupted by his father who slapped his son the back.

"He's your teammate, don’t talks to him like that or you are off the team." General Manager of the Sinners, Steve Scharz said. "Capone has it hard. His father was murdered, Nick. You don't treat someone like that. How about if he called you a pile of useless **** after I died, would you like it?" Steve scorned. He quieted down and directed his attention to Al. "Your father was a great friend of Goldman. I'm sure he's sorry to see him pass."

"..." Al looked cold and lonely. He didn't know what to say, and he didn't even shed a tear. He was torn up inside though, one could initially tell that when you looked at his face. He stood up from the bench and walked over to Nick. He clutched fist and swung for the first baseman's head. He made direct contact and Nick spun and fell to the floor. "Psh. At least I can get a hit, faggot. You're some kid who thinks he has it all, but he has no talent. He's a spark in the pan, only good in single-A ball." Capone said in a thick accent. He glanced around the room once again and looked at his teammates. "Anyone else have anything to say? The only one who did well for us was Chuck! He got a homerun while you all were doing your makeup or something!" Capone stormed off out of the closed room they were in. He stopped for a second and punched the wall. Then, carried on, angrily.

"Alright, alright..." Steve said as he walked over to his son. He then continued, "Everyone calm down. We lost in a blowout, I realize that, but we need to stay calm. We have another game against those Mariners. Let's win it." Steve said in a comforting voice. He walked over and got ice for his son, then walked away. "I have something to do..." He was vague, and we should know, when we see vagueness... something bad happens.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:11 pm 
Community Manager
Community Manager

Favorite Team: Tigers
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
I think the Thompson is either the Gun or the person.

"Another year older, another year better at Power Pros!" -Me
"Best way to get laid: Tell her you're the community manager of a baseball video game forum." -SkittleMonster
"The Chronicles of Dish's Love Life. I'd read it." -BrewersFuzz
"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the *(censored)* they ended up." -Dan Besbris

Twitter: @robtoml_statman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:14 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

dishnetkid wrote:
I think the Thompson is either the Gun or the person.

Yeah, it was the gun used in the St. Valentine's Day Massacre. It was sold to farmers, and then it spread to gangs. It was, however, used by allied forces in World War Two.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next