Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: N' Awlins Desperados Franchise Log
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:13 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Giants
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: (DS) Nettou! Powerful Koushien
all right, los desperados are 5-1 (i think), tied for 2nd in the division (AL central, in case u forgot or were too lazy to check back.)

anyways, the end of the brady clark saga has been reached, according to 2 sources, those being ESPN's Peter Gammons and me. (lol)

Reds Get:
Juan Castro
Brady Clark
Great Wood
50000 P

Desperados Get:
Adam Dunn (D, A, D, A, D)
E. Encarnacion
Jerry Hairston Jr. (Pinch Runner, can play any OF spot + 2B)

Clark had this to say about it:
"I don't give a crap, really. I just hope that I can contribute somehow to the Reds, and that I get a chance to get some revenge on these guys."

Dunn will take over right field, and Ethier will move to his more comfortable position in left (not that he isn't good in right...).
Encarnacion will man third, and Hairston will man the bench.
Dunn will bat 5th, and Encarnacion will be 6th. Ethier will bat leadoff for now on, bumping Perez way down.
However, if one young man's bat can improve, he could be the most underrated rookie of the season. His defense has been nothing short of spectacular, and his performance has not only saved many a hit and run, but that and his offensive potential, while it hasn't been reached quite yet, have him batting 2nd in this suddenly formidable lineup (He has E, E, D, D, D).

He goes by Great White.

"I accept that other people have different preferences. Even when those preferences include facial tattoos and stretch pants constructed from sufficient material to shelter a small village. And their livestock. Some men enjoy dancing with other men without their tops on while others prefer the company of a woman two KFC family buckets away from upsetting the planet's rotational axis."
-David Thorne

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:16 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Red Sox
Console '08: Wii and DS
Great white is joe thurston right? And that was a steal you just got from the Reds :shock:

And edit: How do you get your name to become orange, mines only blue

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:18 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

thanks.
and no, i edited one of the expansion guys' names to great (G.) white (like from the galaxy sharks)

"I accept that other people have different preferences. Even when those preferences include facial tattoos and stretch pants constructed from sufficient material to shelter a small village. And their livestock. Some men enjoy dancing with other men without their tops on while others prefer the company of a woman two KFC family buckets away from upsetting the planet's rotational axis."
-David Thorne

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:19 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Ohhh
And check my above post for a question

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:26 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

you add yourself to the wiki (so you can edit the wiki)
from groups in the user control panel.

ok, i can't play wii until i get some progress reports from my teachers, so i'm not gonna be able to play for a while (missed HW, he hits hard on that...)

-David Thorne

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:18 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

yay, more stuff.

The Desperados stuck it to the Royals tonight for another win.
The final score was 10-0, with Andre Rodriguez racking up 10 strikeouts in a complete game 4 hitter.
Most of the damage came in the form of a 6 run 3rd inning, including a 2-run blast by Yoma Ma that knocked Luke Hochevar out of the game.
Russell Martin supplied the other homer in the game.

Anyways, after going 3-5 with 2 doubles, an RBI (his first) and a run, the story of Great White has become even more relevant, and it shall be told before tomorrow's (in the game, not in real life) game.

Any comments?

-David Thorne

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:24 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

nice win and whats your record so far

And welcome back sjax, as you can see I started yet another log(with sucess players)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:03 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Astros
Console '07: Wii and PS2
Console '08: Wii and PS2
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
You didn't post for a whole week!!! :shock: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:05 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Thanks. And yes, I was busy (and in New Mexico, partly)
Here we go:

Great White, as you might expect from his name, lived on an island.
But it was anything but paradise.
He was born Tony Goldman, and lived in a working-class neighborhood in the Dominican Republic. His family wasn't rich, but they weren't that poor either.
However, when he was at the ripe age of 4, his mother, Maria Goldman, overdosed on sleeping pills, and never woke up one night. Young as he was, White still remembers that night vividly.
"I went into her bedroom because I was having nightmares, and I see her on the floor next to her bed. I went to check on her, and she uttered 'Don't lose faith like I did, no matter what.' That was the last thing she said. It took me a few minutes to realize she was dead, and man, I must have cried the next 48 hours."
His father, Al Goldman, was abusive, and White still has some of the scars to prove it.
But he had an outlet from his horrible home life: baseball.
"When I was 13, I found out about a local baseball league from one of my friends, and I decided 'What the heck? I'll try."
He didn't make it.
He felt horrible, like there was no end to his misery.
One day, Tony decided that there was no other choice. He would take his own life.
He snuck out at night, rented a boat with half his allowance money (that he had saved up since his kindergarten days), and went about a mile into sea.
He turned the boat around, and somehow made it so the motor would keep running, all the way back to shore.
But he wasn't be on the boat at that point.
Once he had reached his destination, he thrust himself off the boat and into the freezing waters of the Caribbean.
Hypothermia set in after a few minutes, and he knew it was only a matter of time before he...
Suddenly, he was in the straddle position, floating back to shore at 20 miles per hour.
"I was like, 'What the hell is going on here?' I knew it couldn't be a person, but I seriously wondered what was happening. I was scared a bit, actually."
The culprit, as was revealed after Tony was safely on shore, was none other than a Great White shark, the water's deadliest predator.
Of course, nobody believed him the next day, and Tony thought it was just a fluke.
But when he tried again the next day, in a completely different spot, the same exact thing happened.
"I remember thinking that maybe that (his suicide) wasn't meant to be, that it was some sort of sign."
He tried out the next year, in high school, after much practice, and made the team.
He progressed at an unbelievable pace, and scouts were starting to look at him as a sophomore. He had all the tools and potentialneeded to be a star shortstop, and it looked like he was going to cruise the rest of the way.
When he declared for the draft during his senior year, however, things got a bit ugly (again).
His father decided, against his son's will, to be his agent, and his asking price became astronomical. But that wasn't the bulk of it. However much money Tony received, his father would take 85% of it, leaving Tony below the poverty line.
The New Orleans Desperados came calling, however, to the tune of $490,000 a year. Tony gladly accepted.
After a good spring training, he was called into his manager's office. There he heard the news.
He was starting at shortstop on Opening Day, in beautiful Rainbow Beach Stadium nonetheless.
"It was the best day of my life, man. I just couldn't believe that after all I'd been through, I'd actually made it this far.
There was just one thing left to do.
A month before the new season, he legally changed his name to Great White, in honor of the shark that saved his life not once, but twice.
It was also to get his father out of the picture.
Al Goldman is now serving a 20 year sentence in federal prison for charges of identity theft and bank fraud, though he was unsuccessful.
The victim that almost was?
His son, Great White.

-David Thorne

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:11 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Cool story. :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:14 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Thanks.
Took a lot of thought, trust me.

-David Thorne

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:18 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Pretty long. Is Goldman from success?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:19 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

I didn't make White (please no, he has E, E, D, D, D), but the (supposed/alleged) connection is for you guys to make.

-David Thorne

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:22 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

So you drafted him or edited him?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:22 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

this is an expansion team.

-David Thorne

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next